E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a new car soon and was looking at either '03-'05 M3 Convertible or one of the new Vettes. I'm personally not much of a GM/Chevy fan, however, that car just looks so damn sexy.

Anyways, has anyone raced or driven in a new Vette?
How does it match up to an M3?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
the vette would smoke the m but the resale value sucks on the vette the m is a much classier car. why not a viper? it would definately smoke both cars :p

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Viper is not an everydat car, it is brute & will shake ur bones

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I would go with m3 if thats the only car in the household. You cant do much with a 2 seater other than driving. I sometimes have to have passengers & carry things in my car so 2 seater is not practical for me. But I have seen the new corvette & it looks sweet. Interior is supposed to be alot better too

·
Registered
640 Posts
From a performance standpoint the Vette destroys the M3. But they're really horses of a different color. You're talking about a 2 passenger vs 4. I6 vs V8. As for the interior on the vette, as much as it is cheap, the reason why everyone focuses on it so much is becasue it's largely the cars only major flaw. As for resale, I don't know if I would be so bold to claim the M3's superiority. Although it has been the case in the past, with the new M3 being only a few years off, teh resale on the current M3 could drop significantly in only 2 or so years time. They're both great cars, the M3 is a lot more practical but gives up quite a bit on the performance side of things. First.... determine wehter you can live with the less practical C6, if the answer is yes. Drive them both. At that point you'll probably be leaning one way or the other. Good luck!

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
220 Posts
MMMMMMM
or new zo6 if it ever comes out

·
Registered
874 Posts
The new Z06 scheduled to come out in 2006 model year is rumored to have over 550hp. Chevy is doing the same thing that Ford did in the muscle car era. The only difference is that this time Chevy is calling out dodge. Liek Carol Shelby saying that Fors only made the 427 Cobra to beat the corvette, Chevy is playing the same game with the viper. I would wait for the new Z06, if that is in your price range of course.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See the deal is.. I'm a student right now, I owned a 3-series coupe 2 cars ago, and was absolutely in love with it, even though my 323ci was slow as a joke.

This really is my first opportunity to own a sports car, and the only thing i really need a car for right now is to get around town and holla at the females. I guess the question really is refined class vs. pantie-dropper...

Hmm... Anyone know how the HK sound sytem compares to the (i think) Bose system that is offered with the LS-B package?

Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
zimzimma328ci said:
personally i would go with the C6, but they are right, they are two different types of cars. [email protected] that Vette is sexy though
I don,t get it .. but I really hate the front view of the Vette .. Back is ok .. but nothing is sexy IMO .. I guess that's just me.
If you want sexiness get the M3 :str8pimpi

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was just about to vote for the C6 until I saw jarnO's picture (above) of the M3, D A M N that is sweet looking.... Get one of these.... :low:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
haha

If you had asked me 6 months ago I would have gotten a vette.. but now I'd say get the m3 100%

Let's compare shall we.. the corvette is very fast but I don't feel like there's a lot you can do to set yourself apart exterior wise.. it's not a huge problem cause it's a new model, but the m3's are so versatile and are still classy..

but hey, I'd love to own one as my second car, hell even my first car. I still love vette's, the c5 rims that came stock are so sexy imo.

·
Alpine White
812 Posts
M3

The extra two seats and usable trunk space is much more convenient for everyday driving. Even if you drive like a race car driver, you will not be able to push it to its limits on public roads ALL the time.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Wait for the '06 Z07, the z06 replacement with a 7.0-liter, 500 bhp engine. 7.0 > Z07... They are changing the name. Also, it will have brembo's, etc. Bad ass track car. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
it all depends on what u like there are lots of choices and that is ur decision. panty dropper or a beast on rails. :woot: :woot:

·
Registered
397 Posts
if you want a sports car the vette will kill the m3 and the zo6 c6 is a supercar basically, if you want a luxury car get the m3. just remember the vette is only 2 seats but has some useable trunk space. so performance go with the vette all the way, the m3 does not compare in the sports car category

·
Registered
397 Posts
benji said:
See the deal is.. I'm a student right now, I owned a 3-series coupe 2 cars ago, and was absolutely in love with it, even though my 323ci was slow as a joke.

This really is my first opportunity to own a sports car, and the only thing i really need a car for right now is to get around town and holla at the females. I guess the question really is refined class vs. pantie-dropper...

Hmm... Anyone know how the HK sound sytem compares to the (i think) Bose system that is offered with the LS-B package?

Thanks

they both suck, the bose is likely "better" then the HK system though. its basically the same system that all GM cars get

1 - 20 of 52 Posts