E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that it matters at this point, but I priced my same car with the changes and updates on the BMWUSA site to see the price difference.

I took delivery of my 03 330i about 6 weeks ago and the sticker was $42, 395. I just priced one off of the BMWUSA site and the price is $44, 045. Same exact car, same exact options except they now have 6 speed manual.

1700 for what?

I thought the price increase was only a few hundred?
 

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
Joined
·
5,457 Posts
i noticed that too. i priced out my car again and it went it over 1500...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At first..

When I first got my car I was debating the idea of waiting an extra few months so I can get a 6 Speed. I didn't think that it would be 1800 more. Thank god I got the car when I did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
BMW is insane! :blink: The 330ci isn't worth $44k with basic options (not even counting the kewl stuff). Especially considering the quality control issues! BMW just lost me as a repeat buyer of a 3-series vehicle. The new updated nose is ugly to boot. :thumbdwn:

If your gonna spend that much, might as well get a M (with some kewl options) for $53k

There are a lot of other cars for close to $10k less I could easily have a lot of fun with and have better quality control.

IS300
G35
RX-8
S2000
WRX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Just for grins I priced out my 2003 330Ci. $2250 difference for the exact same car in 2004. I too am glad I didn't wait. Also, I dislike the new front end. Couldn't be happier with my Electric Red coupe. :pimpin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
There is a problem with the BMWUSA Site and building your car. If you have leather and the Premium package, it will add an EXTRA $1450 to your price because it adds both Premium $2900 and Leather $1450 to your car. It isn't supposed to add the extra $1450 because the Premium comes with leather. You can see this in the "Summary" tab at the bottom once you price you car out. The 2004's are an extra $700 on top of the 2003's and the Adaptive Bi-Xenon's are an extra $100 over the price of last year's 2003 Bi-Xenon (non-adaptive).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Leather DOES come in the Premium Package, if we are talking about the 330ci's. Thus the reason that some got $2250 over the 2003 price for same options. It's $700 base + $100 Bi-Xenon (now adaptive) and + $1450 Leather = $2250. Since the Leather is already included if you get the Premium Package (on the 330's), it's a redundant charge on BMWUSA.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
bmw is in much worse shape then most of you think.
they just spend millions redesigning several cars and are loosing a substancial amount of money of the dollar euro conversion so they have been raising all of their prices, slowly but speadly. Mb is also in almost the same shape
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,060 Posts
Then they will start losing customers.

No wonder why they are looking to cut cost by putting carbon fiber body panels in the next 3 series.

Nrm said:
bmw is in much worse shape then most of you think.
they just spend millions redesigning several cars and are loosing a substancial amount of money of the dollar euro conversion so they have been raising all of their prices, slowly but speadly. Mb is also in almost the same shape
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
i am gonna go out on a limb here but it could be due to the currency fluctuations between the Euro and the Dollar.
the dollar is about 10% weaker to the Euro than what is was almost a year ago.

i.e. it is costing American's more money to buy the same goods from Europe that one year ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Louis A said:
i am gonna go out on a limb here but it could be due to the currency fluctuations between the Euro and the Dollar.
the dollar is about 10% weaker to the Euro than what is was almost a year ago.

i.e. it is costing American's more money to buy the same goods from Europe that one year ago.
True, but a 3 series BMW is still not worth $44k dollars. We pay a couple thousand just for the name, reputation, and stinky quality control.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
EVERYONE, the website database needs to be updated. THere is an error with the leather option and they also charge 1400 if you choose the ALcantara w/ZHP(please don't ask what that means). There seem to be glitches with the system. I'm sure they will clear it up soon... :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,686 Posts
Murgen said:
BMW is insane! :blink: The 330ci isn't worth $44k with basic options (not even counting the kewl stuff). Especially considering the quality control issues! BMW just lost me as a repeat buyer of a 3-series vehicle. The new updated nose is ugly to boot. :thumbdwn:

If your gonna spend that much, might as well get a M (with some kewl options) for $53k

There are a lot of other cars for close to $10k less I could easily have a lot of fun with and have better quality control.

IS300
G35
RX-8
S2000
WRX
The base 330Ci is $37 K (including destination), fully loaded is $47 K. A $44 K 330Ci is very well optioned. There's a problem w/ the BMW site, it charges twice for leather ($1450 + premium pkg price).

BMW doesn't have quality control issues except reliability. A lot of people here complain but there's almost 10 000 members!

3 Series ratings for rattles & squeaks, & build quality (aka the "fit" in fit & finish) are excellent in every editorial (Edmunds, Consumers Report, Car & Driver, etc). In editorials, it usually has the best or 2nd best score for build quality (aka fit & finish) among class competitors.

A $28 K 325i is as fast as an $30 K IS300 (Car & Driver). The S2000 & WRX have cheap interiors & basically no safety equipment in comparison. Also, keep in mind that a fully loaded 3-Series has much more features than a S2000 or WRX.

S2000
No: side airbags, head protection airbags, traction/stability control

WRX
No: rear side airbags, head protection airbags
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top