BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Dont know if this is an 04 Issue or a CiC or an issue im having alone. But my radio is pretty dim, and doesnt seem like the other displays in the car(climate control). With the top down or in any kind of bright light the radio is unreadable. The dealer says its fine, but I find it pretty bad that I have to use my hand to shield the disply on bright days. Can anyone tell me there experence with there radios.

BTW... The 03 "slip"tronic they gave me as a loaner had a good display.

·
Rogue Engineering
2,382 Posts
My radio display is definately lighter than the climate control too...I dunno I thought it was normal

·
Rogue Engineering
2,382 Posts
When there is direct sunlight on it its kinda bad...I think the tints helped though...

·
Registered
209 Posts
wel, i think that the cd player is at an angle so it looks a little dim-mer than A/C unit.

also ive had this problems a few times where the whole light cluster, A/C unit and dash unit go really dim and then comes back to normal...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does the dimmer function work for you guys? if I put the lights on the dimmer switch will only dim the lights behind the spedo and tach. If im in my dark garage then all the display adjust with the switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts