E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 3 times these past 2 wks that my '04 330Ci ZHP with just 5000mi stalls on me in the middle of the road after warm up. The car usually only does this after a quick stop by like the market or friends house.. & when I leave the place, engine stall without notice. I've took the car to BMW dealer & they had DME software updated (718 W95). When I got back the car, it does drive like a ZHP.. transmission shifts earlier/quickier in rpm like a regular 330Ci & does not feel as spirited as before like the ZHP which will hold gears... =( Does anyone know if the correct software was updated to my ZHP? :dunno:

·
Banned
1,237 Posts
You deserve this for buying a step ZHP :thumbdwn:

Just joking :) This is a known issue with the ZHPs. Ask the dealer to update the software

·
Registered
109 Posts
M54B25 said:
It's been 3 times these past 2 wks that my '04 330Ci ZHP with just 5000mi stalls on me in the middle of the road after warm up. The car usually only does this after a quick stop by like the market or friends house.. & when I leave the place, engine stall without notice. I've took the car to BMW dealer & they had DME software updated (718 W95). When I got back the car, it does drive like a ZHP.. transmission shifts earlier/quickier in rpm like a regular 330Ci & does not feel as spirited as before like the ZHP which will hold gears... =( Does anyone know if the correct software was updated to my ZHP? :dunno:
I hear some ppl who have the rough idle and stall issue on the zhp get the new software upgrade and it fixes their problem. But the car seems to drive slower. They must over pulled things back with the new software.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shizat63 said:
You deserve this for buying a step ZHP :thumbdwn:

Just joking :) This is a known issue with the ZHPs. Ask the dealer to update the software

Jeje... okay I guess I've to drive it like I stole it for a week & see if the software really learns my spirited driving :woot:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PCGuRu2K said:
I hear some ppl who have the rough idle and stall issue on the zhp get the new software upgrade and it fixes their problem. But the car seems to drive slower. They must over pulled things back with the new software.
Well, car never had the rough idle issue, just stalling issues. But, it does indeed drive like a regular 330Ci just with higher redlines after DME re-flash. I might just drive it this week & see if it does it again.. thanks for the info.

·
Conceited Prick
1,961 Posts
Yup, sounds like a software issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts