E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was thinking of getting a meth kit for my 325. But I'm not really sure if it would work, or is even a good idea.

Just wondering if anyone knows how it would take to it, or if anyone has done it, and if it would be a good idea, if anyone knows of a good quality kit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh if it is, I had no idea. I was on facebook an hour ago and saw my friend got a kit for his prelude. So I figured, I'd see if I can for my 325. haha

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL at the picture. But nah it's not boosted. I was thinking of going with a little turbo, but it's only a 2.5L.. and I'd need to beef up my axels first.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I knew they can't handle much more power than they're getting. I was told I could get away with a super charger, if I didn't launch it, and was easy on it. Because a few have done it, but I also know that I'd want new axels.

Over time, I've just decided to wait, and get a nice M3. SO next april, after tax returns, I'll be getting an M3.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
matt, red's just kidding mate. He stuffed a supercharger into his touring XI and clearly knows any limitations. We're just having fun with your "meth" reference. You're in the UK right? Ireland I believe. Read post replies i.e. the drug.

Cheers

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol sorry, USA. Londonderry, New Hampshire. I'll fix that.

And I'm not hiding a turbo anywhere. Yet. I was thinking of getting one, but I was reading a lot about how I'd need to get a better front axle. I always thought that a turbo would've been better than a super charger (as for the wear on the axle's.) But I may be wrong.

And a friend got a meth kit for his prelude, as far as I know he doesn't have a turbo on it. So I'm not big into the forced induction **** yet. So I figured I'd ask around.

I'd like to get a bit more power out of this car if at all possible.

Anyone know of some good ideas, that wouldn't necessarily require me to swap the axles?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Lol sorry, USA. Londonderry, New Hampshire. I'll fix that.

And I'm not hiding a turbo anywhere. Yet. I was thinking of getting one, but I was reading a lot about how I'd need to get a better front axle. I always thought that a turbo would've been better than a super charger (as for the wear on the axle's.) But I may be wrong.

And a friend got a meth kit for his prelude, as far as I know he doesn't have a turbo on it. So I'm not big into the forced induction **** yet. So I figured I'd ask around.

I'd like to get a bit more power out of this car if at all possible.

Anyone know of some good ideas, that wouldn't necessarily require me to swap the axles?
Issue with the axles is that they will take a beating from the extra torque the engine will put out. Doesn't matter if it comes from a turbo or a supercharger, it'll have the same result. That said, if you're not launching it all the time I don't think you'll have an issue. Its not like you'll be swapping axles weekly or anything.

As far as your friend goes, you can put anything on any car. Whether or not it makes a difference or not is a different story.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright, well I'd never launch the car really. As of now, I just ease it out then once moving, give it hell.
I'm most likely going to get a super charger kit, stage 1 for now. Just a little extra power, to have fun with, but keep the AWD for the winters around here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.