BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Has anyone installed the oem performance exhaust on their XI? What's the best way of going about it? I have a one piece system that has the stock muffler connected all the way to the resonator, so it looks like Im gonna have to cut and use cup links, are there any other ways to do it?

Thanks,

Yuri

·
Registered
317 Posts
get headers and a muffler. better performance, sounds just as good and cost effective.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I wouldn't spend the money on the BMW performance. There are better and cheaper options out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are right no doubt, but I already have the exhaust waiting to put it on. I wanted to go all oem so thats the route I chose and didn't pay too much for it. I thought all 325's had the exhaust setup as two pieces for the center resonator and rear, are all XI's one piece?

·
Registered
187 Posts
i'm curious too....i was thinking of doing the oem performance one....but reading in the forums i didn't think it would give that little rumble i wanted....so i opted for a remus muffler...

·
Registered
4 Posts
i was thinking about the remus muffler as well, but i'm kind of like yuri, i like to keep things close to oem as possible. since this is my daily driver, i want something that's not too loud but still has a nice tone to it.

i'm looking for the bmw performance oem intake as well. i like the way the housing looks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was thinking about the remus muffler as well, but i'm kind of like yuri, i like to keep things close to oem as possible. since this is my daily driver, i want something that's not too loud but still has a nice tone to it.

i'm looking for the bmw performance oem intake as well. i like the way the housing looks.
The oem performance intake is nice esp. if you can get it for less than 300. It adds a nice hum/whistle and car does rev quicker with a little more noise at high rev but im gonna see how it is with that and the exhaust installed and i'll get back to you

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yes you're right the performance exhaust is just the muffler but on an XI it will NOT just bolt up cutting is required as the pipes go straight to the resonator on the stock setup, there are no clamps there but the kit comes with 2 clamps
Not true. Mine bolted right on with no cutting.

·
Registered
187 Posts
yeah....i really did consider the oem performance one...its my daily driver too, but i just wasn't sure if i'd get enough rumble....i'm gonna be keeping both resonators on so i'm sure it'll be quiet....
my previous x5, i swapped out my oem one for a 4.8is stock mufflers...very quiet, only noticeable on cold start up....it was nice....but i just wanted a tad bit deeper, maybe a decible more and i would have been happy..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got the Eisenmann stainless steel cat-back exhaust with dual 83mm tips on my 2001 (E46) 325xi.

Here are a couple quick video I took reving the engine and running through 1st, 2nd & 3rd gears up to redline:

FWIW, the exhaust is 6 years old, but sounds the same in person since the day I bought it new and had it installed. Here's a link to Eisenmann's site that gives more detail on the system. I chose this over Supersprint.

http://www.ind-distribution.com/product/Eisenmann Performance Exhaust-B5304.00831^146.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WNwW8CgQxk&feature=player_embedded

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts