E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys Need To Know From Anyone Who Has Bought 9006 Bulb Replacement To Match Factory Xenon's The Best Brand Or Type For My Fog Lights.

·
Registered
122 Posts
bmwCoupe said:
I surfed the suggested site. Is it the PIAA 9006 (for $29.95) that you have? If so, what do you recommend; the 50 or 80 watt set?

The 80 watt :thumbup:

·
Registered
460 Posts
best match in my opinion is MTEC.. without actually buying a second HID kit from like jlevi or something.. cause that can be a bit expensive.. but if you have the money.. go for it! :thumbup:

MTEC is rated at 4350K.. factory HIDs are 4300.... i need to get a new set.. ebay for like $18/pair..

two version.. 2X (55 watt) and 4X (80 watt)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
bmwCoupe said:
I surfed the suggested site. Is it the PIAA 9006 (for $29.95) that you have? If so, what do you recommend; the 50 or 80 watt set?

i have the SPP Super White 9006. i went with 50W instead...i was afraid 80W might melt my wires.

·
Registered
122 Posts
idoc330ci said:
i have the SPP Super White 9006. i went with 50W instead...i was afraid 80W might melt my wires.
I was afraid of this too. I went with the 80 watt on the recommendation from the guys at SPP. He mentioned that the 80 watt match xenons more closely (than 50 w), and that they sell alot of these, and no one's complained or given any feedback on melted wires or housings. So I took the risk.

·
Registered
122 Posts
nyquist said:
wut kind of spoiler/trunk is that on your car?
It was a custom job :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts