BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 325ci with 230k on the clock and it***8217;s running min except for my mirror going up instead of down in reverse and I want to do a turbo build in the future. As of now it***8217;s Bone stock, my question is I want to just get 300whp to be able to keep up with all my friends how can I reliably run a turbo on the stock motor for under 5k

My second question is how can I get 215 ho to the crank on my stock motor what reliable mods can I do to achieve this power number without breaking the bank

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
so, you wana put a turbo on a 325 with 230k to keep up with your friends?

well, i suggest two things

sell it

learn about motors

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a spare motor from a part out with way lower km I just want to know would the motor be able to handle 300hp on stock internals

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm asking what would I need to do to have a 325ci push 300hp reliably I'm trying to gather the knowledge via forums sorry if I offended you in anyway by asking I'm genuinely curious if it's possible on a 325ci. I love the car too much to sell it

·
Registered
811 Posts
I cannot speak out of experience as I have never done it, but I'm planning to run F/I in the far future, if my budget allows it. However, I have done tons of research about this subject. From what I've read on the interwebs, people run 350-400hp with bone stock 330i engine with the exception of a stronger HG and head studs. So if 300whp for a 325i is your goal, I don't think you need much of adjustments to the engine itself. Google. There's a lot of info out there, especially on this forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cannot speak out of experience as I have never done it, but I'm planning to run F/I in the far future, if my budget allows it. However, I have done tons of research about this subject. From what I've read on the interwebs, people run 350-400hp with bone stock 330i engine with the exception of a stronger HG and head studs. So if 300whp for a 325i is your goal, I don't think you need much of adjustments to the engine itself. Google. There's a lot of info out there, especially on this forum.
Ive read many forums and I can***8217;t find anything other than buy a 330 or if you want power buy an m3. I***8217;m thinking of doing a 330 swap then turbo just because when my b25 craps out I***8217;ll have a fresh b30 sitting ready and from what I heard it***8217;s all plug and play with a reflash

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would getting 200whp on na m54b25 motor really cost that much if not what can I do to get to 200whp na mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll need to reinforce your subframe as well which is expensive (around $2k). Your entire cooling system should be replaced if it wasn't replaced in the last 80k miles as well.
I have to do the subframe but it***8217;s definitely planned well before the turbo build starts and the cooling systems been replaced

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
325ci with 3076 china turbo.
don't the turbos and manifolds go to complete **** in a month? i changed my mind I just want 200whp that should be a safe number for a turbo on the 325i correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
lci 325ci turbo

long story short can I turbo my stock m54b25 to run 200whp and have it be a reliable daily
I know a 330 is a better car but I was only able to get my hands on a 325ciand a side note I know ill need a thicker gasket and proper head studs

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
say I found a low km 330 motor for 1500cad how much would the swap cost if I did the work myself
Provided it is a complete engine with accessories..(maf, intake tract, TB, injectors, intake manifold). And you are swapping like for like DME. (Ms 43 engine to ms 43 body).
Then, the cost of the swap is the engine.
The m54b25 and m54b30 are near identical besides the stroke, cam and a few intake bits.
Bolt the new stuff in. Reflash the DME, off ya go.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here's a thought. Don't throw good money after bad on a high mileage 325. Work hard. Save up some money. Buy a 135 with a factory turbo'd I-6.

I don't mean to be harsh, but I swear, these schoolboy dreams of performance-modding cheap cars that probably already need more in repairs and maintenance updates than they cost just make me shake my head every time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts