BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new car right now. I found a ZHP nearby and I test drove it yesterday. The owner is clueless, he hasn't done any maintenance, he was concerned with having a BMW more than anything. The exterior and interior are in good shape, but I told him I wanted to do a PPI before anything and he said he was fine with that. I found a good shop less than 2 miles from his house.

The car has 111k miles on it. When asked if he's had to do any maintenance on it, he looked at me with a dumb look on his face and said, "like what...?"

He's currently asking $12,975,which isn't a terrible price if it's in good mechanical shape but I'm fairly sure it will need several things done to it since he's clueless. He said he's only willing to come down a few hundred off his price...

Basically, I want some input... I am pretty against getting a BMW without doing a PPI. This guy is an idiot, there will be other cars, etc...

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
94 Posts
111K and nothing done...:yikes:

Be prepared to spend at least $3K to get her right, and that's assuming engine is good.

you could let him stew and come back in the middle of winter.
We're going into the dead period for car sales.

let us know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Pass.......

I have a running spreadsheet for everything done to the car. He should have at least have oil changes documented. He probably thinks that 15k oil change intervals is normal

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the VIN and can run a check to see how long he had it. He said he purchased it from his friend. The car does look to be in good condition, but I'm not going to take his word for it... Especially since he's a tard.

KBB puts a ZHP in that condition around $11k. I'm trying to figure out if this car is worth 12ish with maintenance required...

I hate buying cars...

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Pass.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
You would be better off just paying 15k for one with top maintenance, including control arms, expansion tank, many oil changes, air filters, spark plugs etc etc. even if it's just for the peace of mind. That and you can probably get a newer one with a lot less miles for around that kind of money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts