BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rolling down the freeway and the truck in front of me blew out his tire and took out the lower portion of my bumper and splash shield, drivers side. Where can I find all the parts needed to replace this stuff. If I can get a diagram then that would make it easier to order what I need. Dont know if I'll paint the bumper cover or just have a local shop do it. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
590 Posts
Your best bet is going to be to find a salvage car in your local pick n pull junk yard and pull all of the parts yourself. If you're lucky you might even find one in the correct color.

There are quite a few E46's in the junk yards these days and parts are insanely cheap vs buying new. You can probably get a bumper cover for around 50 bucks and the remaining plastic trim pieces for another 20 bucks or so.

RealOEM has all of the diagrams showing the individual parts and part numbers
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partgrp?id=ET37-USA-05-2003-E46-BMW-325i&mg=51

Or you could upgrade to the MtechII front bumper (From a 330i ZHP) which looks a lot nicer than the stock 325i sedan bumper.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a great idea....I appreciate the response. I'll start my yard search. I'm totally cool with the stock look. It has the m56 engine and I'm not going to start improving mechanical or aesthetics. Very happy with the factory look. Only thing I did was the matte black kidney grills and new headlight covers.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
What did you insurance agent recommend? The lower section is not a separate part of the bumper and it supports the belly pan. You need a new bumper cover, paint and belly pan which will be at least $1000, if you go with aftermarket parts. I would certainly take advantage of the opportunity to upgrade to a ZHP bumper.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol...insurance agent. No nothing like that. I found one in a yard same color as mine and has everything to put it back together.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I***8217;m glad that you got a laugh out of it, do you have insurance? It may not be so amusing if you are involved in an at fault accident.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A tire blew off a truck. I ran over his tire. This was Houston traffic. You dont stop. I have basic liability. I dont know where you are coming from. **** on the road happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts