BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
03’ 325i E46
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll start by saying I’m a newbie to the BMW realm, (I Hope realm wasn’t too dark lol) and I purchased a 03’ 325i M54 engine about half a year ago. After an oil change and minor vehicle maintenance hence my inexperience with German cars. Story short, the gasket blew and it smoked like a train. I found a Xi model of the same year and has an M54 motor as well. So far the engines in the car and he’s just swapped oil pan, intake manifold I believe, miscellaneous water pipe and hoses as well as the exhaust manifold gasket. Is there anything that sounds odd about this swap or should it be clean sailing ? (original motor 165K and replacement motor 125K) any input is helpful as I’ve read many threads on this subject but not this exact swap, I’m swapping for commute, not performance. Thanks!

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
12,823 Posts
Should be fine, they are the same engine. The XI has a different oil pan, but the rest of the peripheral parts are identical.

You mentioned “realm” because of WoW? If so, start a private Conversation with me for some free Battle.net balance keys.

·
Registered
03’ 325i E46
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize for not getting back to you as I've been working a new job, thank you for you're insight! He's replacing my cracked expansion tank and upper hose, fluid work then giving it a start! I will post the outcome, fingers crossed! (So nerve wreckingo_O)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts