BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my rear clears from Pacific BMW for $242 for my '02 325i. Not a bad price!! Any quirks, tricks or techniques I should use tomorrow morning before the agony of the swap begins?? Remember, '02 rears are different from '01

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
1,983 Posts
Install is pretty easy. Just make sure you hold onto the old lights to keep them from falling out, and be careful with the bolts. You don't want them falling down, or else you'll have a hard time getting to them.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
work with a friend so he/she could hold the carpet and black protective covering back while you unscrew the bolts for the lights. took me and my friend about 25-30 mins for both sides and middle.

·
No more mods
307 Posts
ininfinitum and 02black330i they both correct. I work by myself so is little bit hard. Also drop the 1 bolt to the bottom and took me 10 mins or more to find it. So be careful!!!

·
Evil McGriebel
132 Posts
I used a hemostat (one of those long clamp things that doctors use) you can get them from home depot real cheap. Then I just clamped it on the bolt when I get near the end for the last couple of turns and no chance for a dropped bolt!

·
Registered
356 Posts
One trick I learned on my install is that the black plastic trim has pre-cut holes covered with a snap in cover (which just pops off) to reach the 3rd nut on each side. The other two nuts (on each side) are very easy to reach. Just need to hold the carpet back. You'll need a short extension to reach the 3rd nut(s) through the holes. I also put a piece of tape in my socket to make a tight friction fit on the nut to insure it didn't drop down.

It's kinda hard to explain but you'll understand better when you're doing the install.

Hope that helps! Good luck! Let me know if you're having any problems..glad to help :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses people!! I appreciate the feedback

3Wagon--I got my fronts corners and sidemarkers from Maximillian importers for $99 about 8 months ago in a GB here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts