BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 BMW M3
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get coilovers for my new E46 I purchased. Which ones would you guys recommend and why? Have any of you guys heard anything about the status gruppe coilovers? Thank you!

·
Registered
2002 BMW M3
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you guys think of the status gruppe coilovers?? I was gonna go with KW V1 I’m not gonna track the car Or anything it’s gonna be just my weekend car

·
Registered
56 Posts
Why coil-overs? Coilovers are originally meant as a track application as they enable you to Dual in the suspension to the conditions of a given track, driving style etc. They have since been used to “slam” cars (lower them a lot) but I’m not sure if this is what you want to do. For anything road going I’d always go with a good quality fixed damper (regular) and a good spring or even just the original spring. I’m a big fan of Bilstein and have a set of Bilstein B12 Sport Line on my track car. Very good setup for the money. It doesn’t provide any means of dialing in, but I don’t have the skills both as a driver and a mechanic to do those setup changes track side anyway so no need to pay for a bunch of features you don’t need. My guess is that 99% of people who used coil-overs on the street only fiddle with the settings the first month and VERY many have them set up incorrectly as they aren’t corner balanced when installed.

I’d go for a good set of “normal” dampers and a set of springs that lower the car to where you want it...if you want to lower it at all.

Just my two cents....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts