BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2002 330 XI. The car was a non-xenon model. I purchased some OEM bi-xenon head lights. I installed the head lights and everything worked fine. No lights on the dash showing head lights out and no flickering.

Then the next day I am driving and the xenon lights get triggered because it gets dark outside. The on board computer pops up showing my head lights are out. I see the Xenon flickering. The flickering stops and the OBC goes off as well. From then on when the lights go on they flicker for a couple of seconds and then they stop. It was a bit annoying, so I did some research and learned that I need to get my CPU reflashed.

Today I went to the dealer and told them I need to get my CPU reflashed. They did the reflashing on the light control module. Now my xenon lights flicker like a strobe light. It is worse then before. The dealer told me it could be the ballasts? Any ideas. This is driving me even more insane now.

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My lights are doing the same thing on 2000 323ci,I replaced my non-xeon lights with xeon lights and everthing worked just fine for couple of years but now they are flickring like crazy,also I always had the on board computer showing my lights are out when they are off.Any idea how to fix these problems.Thanks.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Try getting them to flash it again. When they flashed mine, it wouldn't take at first for whatever reason (even tho the software claimed it did). They tried reflashing again and it worked fine after that

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts