E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I'm sure this has been asked before and etc. but im wondering what I need to get to install angel eyes on my 02' 325ic w/ bi-xenons...as well as brand suggestions? I saw on some forums people are talking about 'projectors' and required wiring harnesses that need to be bought- also, I was looking at Umnitza and wondering what people's opinions are. Any thoughts for someone who doesn't really know sh*t regarding this topic? :thumbup:

·
Registered
323 Posts
You need to buy ones for projectors if you have projectors...due to fit.
The ones I got came with a harness so they can be wired to the car with relays and fuses...
As far as which brand I am not sure...I have had LED and CFL and have had issues with both.
Actually waiting on 4 inverters for my CFL angel eyes to come in the mail!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's pretty much split 50/50 between the two brands. Just do some searching on the site, there's a TON of info including a thread of pictures with each model installed.

As for projector fitment vs. halogens, it's the diameter of the ring that is different. Generally they're made to fit (diameter) the projector units over halogens. The bowl for the low beam halogen light is bigger than the ring for projectors; the bowl for the high beam is the same between both units IIRC. I ran Orion V2's in my halogen-equipped 3er with no noticeable fitment problems as installation is the same between both. I had absolutely no problem transferring the rings over to my OEM projectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's pretty much split 50/50 between the two brands. Just do some searching on the site, there's a TON of info including a thread of pictures with each model installed.

As for projector fitment vs. halogens, it's the diameter of the ring that is different. Generally they're made to fit (diameter) the projector units over halogens. The bowl for the low beam halogen light is bigger than the ring for projectors; the bowl for the high beam is the same between both units IIRC. I ran Orion V2's in my halogen-equipped 3er with no noticeable fitment problems as installation is the same between both. I had absolutely no problem transferring the rings over to my OEM projectors.
is there anyway to bypass the daytime running function of the angel eyes so they arent constantly on when car is?

·
// Quandt AG (Retired) //
3,611 Posts
DRL (daytime running lights) are controlled by software - you can turn them off using INPA/EDIABAS/NCS Expert of whatever you use for coding. If you need a DIY for that let me know.

For the OP - you live in Wisconsin - get the LED's. The CCFL don't fire up very well in cold weather - they are basically a fluorescent light with a small ballast.

If anyone want eight CCFL angel eyes for bi-xenons with 4 working ballasts I will sell the lot for $25 plus shipping.

Get the Ummnitza - they are fab - you can hook them up to the ACC wire and the footwell light and they dim on and off like the interior lights from the key fob.

They are also similar in brightness to the Audi/Mercedes LED lights on new models.

Lastly the wiring harness from Ummnitza makes for a very clean professional install.

·
Registered
323 Posts
DRL (daytime running lights) are controlled by software - you can turn them off using INPA/EDIABAS/NCS Expert of whatever you use for coding. If you need a DIY for that let me know.

For the OP - you live in Wisconsin - get the LED's. The CCFL don't fire up very well in cold weather - they are basically a fluorescent light with a small ballast.

If anyone want four CCFL angel eyes for bi-xenons with 4 working ballasts I will sell the lot for $25 plus shipping.

Get the Ummnitza - they are fab - you can hook them up to the ACC wire and the footwell light and they dim on and off like the interior lights from the key fob.

They are also similar in brightness to the Audi/Mercedes LED lights on new models.

Lastly the wiring harness from Ummnitza makes for a very clean professional install.
Just PM'd you...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.