E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you on this website are guys, so I wanted to know your opinion.

I have a 2002 325i, premium package. I want to upgrade the car, but keep it from looking masculine- I'm an 18 year old female living on Long Island in NY.

Does anyone know if I can get the exterior chrome outlining that the sports package comes with?

I'm planning on tinting... I don't want dark tints~ what percentage do you suggest?

I'm also going to put clear lenses/turning signals on, which I can get through BMW right?

My Dad is a BMW collector, he has an '84 M635 and a '92 750iL at the moment. His best friend privately deals BMW's and my Dad helps maintain them as they come in. My Mom drives an '03 X5.

Although my Dad is a BMW mastermind, I wanted to know the opinion of people within my generation if you know what I mean

:tongue: ~Thank you~

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
Some guy the next town over has an old M635

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
bmwgirl said:

I have a 2002 325i, premium package. I want to upgrade the car, but keep it from looking masculine- I'm an 18 year old female living on Long Island in NY.

Does anyone know if I can get the exterior chrome outlining that the sports package comes with?

I'm planning on tinting... I don't want dark tints~ what percentage do you suggest?

I'm also going to put clear lenses/turning signals on, which I can get through BMW right?

My Dad is a BMW collector, he has an '84 M635 and a '92 750iL at the moment. His best friend privately deals BMW's and my Dad helps maintain them as they come in. My Mom drives an '03 X5.

Although my Dad is a BMW mastermind, I wanted to know the opinion of people within my generation if you know what I mean

i don't know i can only give you a better opinion if you post a pic ;)

·
Alpha Male
6,032 Posts
bmwgirl said:

And you guys still haevn't answered her questions....... :tsk:

1. If you mean the window trim yes it can be swapped out for chrome trim. There's even some members that would be willing to trade window trim with you.

2. 50% is pretty light tint

3. Yes you can get clear lenses through a BMW dealer. Try a couple of the dealers that do online sales. Their prices are Generally better.

www.cuttermotors.com/bmw
www.pacificbmw.com

Last but not least. Welcome :hi:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: Re: '02 325i Updates for a *FEMALE*

Clem said:

And you guys still haevn't answered her questions....... :tsk:

1. If you mean the window trim yes it can be swapped out for chrome trim. There's even some members that would be willing to trade window trim with you.

2. 50% is pretty light tint

3. Yes you can get clear lenses through a BMW dealer. Try a couple of the dealers that do online sales. Their prices are Generally better.

www.cuttermotors.com/bmw
www.pacificbmw.com

Last but not least. Welcome :hi:
oh mah bad wheres my manners today?
welcome girl :)

Clem good job, I aplogize because all I saw was her name, "BMWGIRL" and then I totally forgot she had asked any questions, it must have been the "GIRL" in her name.:banghead:

·
Registered
44 Posts
IMO, 35% tint is the best. Are u talking abt the chrome window trim? If so, u could get it at the dealership and they run abt $100/side.

·
Alpha Male
6,032 Posts
oh yea for 2002 clears u cant get them at dealers cause for some reason, i got mine from bekkers at a good price. ( http://www.bekkers.com ) make sure u specificy what color front u want (silver or black) cause they ****ed mine up the first time

theres another place maximillion that has it too but i dont know the contact info for them
Good point Mark.

Actually I think Ultima in LI, NY carries 02 clears too.

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
mmmmmmmmm Christina's car looks no where close to being non-masculine............very PIMP car

a good % for u since u dont want to go too dark is in the 30's

Gluck:thumbup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey where you from in LI im in Woodbury.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Some suggestions.

My wife's 2002 325i has the chrome trim around the windows and front/side clears. It also has had the black trim over the license plate painted to match the white car and the brake calipers have been painted red. She insisted on a UUC dead pedal. I think that the 330 door sills with the chrome inserts look nice, but we haven't done that yet as my wife hasn't insisted. She also decided that she did not want the 330i grille with the chrome inserts, but, personally, I like this grille. Just some thoughts.

Jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
The lightest tint i think is 50%. Then after that is 35%.. I think most people in NY go with 35%... I did and I am very pleased..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts