BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows it going everyone. I just herd about this place from a buddy of mine. I have this build posted on the Bimmerforums page but I guess this place is a little more specific to my car.

anyway I am building an 02 4dr 325I with and L33 5.3L LS, 76mm gerrett turbo. all that has been done before but I think I am the first person to put a solid axle 8.8 into one of these cars. ill skip all the build pics and show where its at right now. I just finished the rear and am about to start working on the front. the motor and trans is sitting in the car already but I have to start planning the accessories and turbo piping.

I also did a custom mini tub to fit the 12" wide wheels and 345 45r 17 tires.

_a_

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
AHHHHHMAZING!!! nice job!

·
Registered
247 Posts
So is this being built as as a sleeper car to drag race with?
The work looks awesome, nice job. The rear shot is amazing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No it's a wheel spacer. It's on one side so I could center the pinion with the trans. The axles are not custom leingth and the wheels are OEM wheels just widened but all that does is add backspace.

It's much harder to do something like this when there is nothing to go Off of. I'm just winging this thing. I could have went the easy route and adapted the 8.8 IRS in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wondering where this build stands now! I got a 2000 328i manual that's been sitting at home.. I've been thinking of LS swapping for a while and this build just really got me pumped up to do something similar!

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app_nr_

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Would've stayed completely stock with the body so it would be a 100% sleeper. This build is awesome though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would've stayed completely stock with the body so it would be a 100% sleeper. This build is awesome though.
The stock bumper would not allow the intercooler to fit without hacking it to bits and even if it did there would not be enough air flow through the sad face cutout on the bumper. So to make it work it would look a lot more modified then going to the M3 bumper.

I'm hoping people think that I am just some ***** who thinks his BMW is fast.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts