E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the airbag light on in my 325i. My mechanic read the code and found that the airbag module is shot! This was with only 39k miles, although I've let it go and am now at 41k. No wrecks, airbag deployments or anything.

Anyone else had this experience?

I'm about to take it to the dealer and get the official price on the module. Do you think I have any case for trying to get BMW to pay up for a faulty airbag module at 39k (although now there is 41k on the clock)?

thanks ahead for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I had the airbag light on in my 325i. My mechanic read the code and found that the airbag module is shot! This was with only 39k miles, although I've let it go and am now at 41k. No wrecks, airbag deployments or anything.

Anyone else had this experience?

I'm about to take it to the dealer and get the official price on the module. Do you think I have any case for trying to get BMW to pay up for a faulty airbag module at 39k (although now there is 41k on the clock)?

thanks ahead for the feedback.
You have 7 year old car, I doubt any dealer will cover you for a broken part after 7 years no matter what the mileage.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
did you leave your sunroof open during rain or spill something on the center console? btw, I think you can recode a used MRS (airbag) module, so getting one from a junkyard might be worth your while.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you leave your sunroof open during rain or spill something on the center console? btw, I think you can recode a used MRS (airbag) module, so getting one from a junkyard might be worth your while.

No spills or rain incidents.

Yea, 7 years is a long time, just wondered if it was worth even trying?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts