E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '02 non-xenon sedan and I was wondering if i can just "drop and load" the '01 xenons into my car. Its the whole healdlight from the '01. Would they fit without any problems or any custom work? Wouldn't they just fit aroud my corner lights?
Also would it matter of they came from a coupe or a sedan? Is there a wy to know if they came from a coupe or a sedan. I'm buying froma private party who is not very informed on them.
Many thanx....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
cmon guys..someone must know its s rather simple question....

·
Registered
208 Posts
i think it would but dude open the owners manual and check the size of the lights on both cars and see if it matches i think the show sizes of lights im not sure

·
blackonblack
227 Posts
sedan and coupe lights are different...it would take work to get them to fit...

as for 01 sedan to 02 sedan, there was a facelift that changed the entire front headlight. The trim under the light is different, as well as the rounded edge that fits the corner light. If I were you, I would sell the 01 xenons and look for a set of 02's.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought that they would fit since the only thign thats different at least IMO is the turn signals which are interchangable .i assume that the edges are the same in 02 and 01 so the 02 turn signals just attach to side of the 01 lights without problems...as far as housing fitment i'm not really sure....anyone else on this issue? i really dont know why they lights would have different housing....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sigity said:
sedan and coupe lights are different...it would take work to get them to fit...

as for 01 sedan to 02 sedan, there was a facelift that changed the entire front headlight. The trim under the light is different, as well as the rounded edge that fits the corner light. If I were you, I would sell the 01 xenons and look for a set of 02's.
exactly the answer i needed, thank you:thumbup: ....i wasnt sure about the housing and the trim under the light, but u've made it clear....i guess...i'll prolonge my search for a good deal on xenons for longer...i guess i'll get the clears in the meantime...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts