E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a shout to whoever has a 325ci convertible.
Im days away from possibly buying one. Its got 87k and in tip top shape. Down side is it doesnt have a sports package or premium package.

My question is, good buy? And Pros and Cons I should know about?
And for those who have one, how you like it?

**Please leave out any (why do you want a vert? why dont you search?) comments, I want to know about a convertible, not a hardtop which I have already owned.. And searching for convertibles is touch and go. Very little info found so far.

Thanks my ninjas.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Do you want a sports or premium package? If so, I would wait for a car that has them, unless of course you need a vehicle now. The sports package alone would justify the wait, it is like a modding starter package!

Anyways, mother has a 330 vert so that is the closest I can get to your question. The drop top is awesome, I don't believe the power top came standard on the 325, so keep an eye out for that. Another issue is that the convertible is heavy. It weighs more than the sedan and coupe, so be sure you will be happy with the 325 power supply.

Otherwise just the regular warning for a high mileage E46. Be sure it was well maintained or you will pay the price down the road. I would shy away from high mileage autos and stick to a manual. Goodluck with the search! I sometimes really wish I could trade my sedan for a vert.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
i like my convertable.

i dont like its lack of the "badass" factor.

dont get me wrong, its an awesome car, but its just not aggressive looking. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the auto top itsn't standard? They make a vert that you have to manually pull up and put down? Wow. Anyway to determine without looking at the car what kind of top it has?

·
Content free since 1994
581 Posts
If you go for this car you'll likely want to sporticize it... that means springs & shocks, wheels and probably sways.

OTOH w/o sport package it has a nicer ride and still handles like a BMW.

If it doesn't have the premium package it's manually operated seats... get ready to explain to EVERY passenger how to operate the seat controls...

The car is heavy but comes stock with the 3.46 diff so it should be pretty much just as quick as any other 325.

Is it a step or manual? Does it come with HID's?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
So the auto top itsn't standard? They make a vert that you have to manually pull up and put down? Wow. Anyway to determine without looking at the car what kind of top it has?
Just looked, they didn't make it standard on the 325Ci until 2005! Go BMW for making nothing standard. Anyways I think the easiest way to tell would be to look for the raising and lowering buttons on the dash center console (next to DSC, heated seats, h/k button, etc.)

The premium package includes the power top, so that would be worth waiting for.

·
Registered
58 Posts
interesting. mine is power on my 325Cic, so that means i have premium pckg?

·
Registered
20,234 Posts
if you don't absolutely have to have a car, i'd say wait until you find one with the premium pkg and sports pkg.
it's definitely a plus having both of those pkgs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts