E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving down broadway in everett and i was changing lanes and all of a sudden a toyota ran into my drivers door. it turns out she tried to get around everyone and crossed two lanes of traffic while speeding and ran strait into me. the best part was when i got out to see if she was alright she was yelling "i have no license or insurance, my bf is going to kill me, this is his car". well fortunately i have great insurance so everything is covered (except now i have to drive a kia as a rental because im only 20 and not "old" enough to rent a real car apparently). i just got my quote from the shop and its a minimum of $3500 in damage but i just kept thinking of what her car looked like compared to mine. there is a picture of mine but hers had the bumper broken in three places, the hood started to crumple, the fender was destroyed, the rim was bent, the washer fluid tank exploded, the light was destroyed, and she probably had frame damage and im sure her alignment was ****ed. and to make the day even better she got a $1100 ticket too. the '00 BMW won by the way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) thanks, i definitely realized how great German engineering is now and so glad i didnt fallow my friends in the whole civic fad thing.i dint even think there was anything wrong with my car until i got out.

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
Well I just got into a wreck and I was driving my parents' Scion xB. It got totaled. We just bought a new Mini Cooper S today. :woot:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry to hear about the wreck. Nice on the mini though! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Must have been one of those run away toyotas everyones talking about.:eek: glad ur ok and no side airbag deployed?? it was definitely pissing rain and 60mph winds in kirkland today! if you wanna come down to seattle, i can refer you to a couple of the best body shops(expensive as well) in the area. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Must have been one of those run away toyotas everyones talking about.:eek: glad ur ok and no side airbag deployed?? it was definitely pissing rain and 60mph winds in kirkland today! if you wanna come down to seattle, i can refer you to a couple of the best body shops(expensive as well) in the area. :thumbsup:
haha those toyotas are a new obstacles on the roads now, they make driving more interesting. :lmao: and luckily no side airbag because i heard they hurt like a *****. thanks for the offer on the shops, but currently it stuck in one up in arlington that my insurance picked and they already have it apart and i think they have the new door now too and are fixing the frame. if insurance would of paid for the towing again i would of picked a better shop but hopefully these guys will do a good job

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No pictures of the Yota?
unfortunately not. i wish i would of snag some of my own, it looked like ****. i also forgot to mention that it jammed her passenger door shut and she was only doing like less than 30 and just came form a stand still. my repairs are around 3500. hers will be well over 5k if it didn't damage the frame

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
glad your okay. today was CRAZY windy and cold as hell. weird. stupid yota
:) thanks. it actually happened yesterday so i got to miss rain which is good because my door doesn't close up top anymore. and yeah i couldn't believe that i got hit by someone that stupid.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry to hear your BMW got smacked :-/

Once again German engineering > the rest.. reminds me of when a Citroen Xsara (youre so lucky you dont really get french cars over there.. heaps of s***) tried to overtake me on the wrong side of the road and clipped my mirror with his.. the front cover of my mirror pinged off + needed respraying but the glass stayed in and the black bit didnt mark even.. his mirror shattered into countless bits and was all over the road :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha nice, im glad the idiot obliterated his mirror and not yours

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sorry to hear your BMW got smacked :-/

Once again German engineering > the rest.. reminds me of when a Citroen Xsara (youre so lucky you dont really get french cars over there.. heaps of s***) tried to overtake me on the wrong side of the road and clipped my mirror with his.. the front cover of my mirror pinged off + needed respraying but the glass stayed in and the black bit didnt mark even.. his mirror shattered into countless bits and was all over the road :p
trust me a ford pick up truck would DESTROY your car before you putting much damage into it. it's just how a car is built either to crumple on impact of just take it like a man.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
trust me a ford pick up truck would DESTROY your car before you putting much damage into it. it's just how a car is built either to crumple on impact of just take it like a man.
and a freightliner would DESTROY your ford pickup.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks and yeah i thought she deserved the fine too. i was actually kinda dissapointed she didn't get arrested.

nice picture too!, i cant believe that bmw didn't get more damage, the truck things got owned! haha

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I got hit by a new tahoe, it won. All it had was a scraped up bumper and a small dent in the hood, vs the entire rear end of my car, bumper, trunk, both quarter panels. Still drove fine though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts