1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big Baller - Shot Caller
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SIMON C. said:
:yikes: :yikes:
really fast for stock, u almost beat motortrend
Decided to test the SMG's LC and find out how well it worked in comparison to the manually launching in a regular 6-speed.

To get it done correctly, it does take practice. On several attempts, I tried to slowly floor it and launch, but the car seemed to bog down. This resulted in poor times in the mid 5 sec range.

After a few failed attempts, I was able to consistently launch in the "burn out" mode. This resulted in several sub-5 sec times, with 4.67 secs being the best of the bunch. I can't say that I got this good of a time everytime. The method that seemed to work best for me was to hold the shifter forward and quickly depress the accelerator (but not stomp on it) and release the shifter at about 50% throttle.

Given the probable error with the unit I used to test with, the results were in line with with the 4.8 sec time published by "Road and Track" and "Edmunds" for the Coupe. The M3 Cab is reportedly 5 tenths slower.

·
Registered
645 Posts
nice time

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
WOW!!!

That is extremely fast!!! 4.67 secs??? Damn!!!:yikes:

·
Big Baller - Shot Caller
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daft said:
That is indeed quick. If you can launch like that at a drag strip that is good for sub 13 sec. 1/4mi. times!
I also had a 1.97 sec 60 ft time. Indeed, if that can be duplicated at the track, I would think it's good for around a 12.75 Qtr mile time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts