E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Location of cabin air temp sensor

28K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  hitbyastick 
#1 ·
Anyone know? Search didn't pull anything up. Thanks! 04 330 with auto climate control.

#5 ·
actually, I lied, its not that easy unless there is a way to get it out without removing the radio? If not, remove the radio following the instructions, then the HVAC control pops out . You can actually remove the fan assembly from the rear of the unit without disassembling anyting. Blow it out with compressed air, then I think I hit my sensor with MAF cleaner.

mind if I ask why you are replacing?

#6 ·
Wow so I need to remove the entire nav thing in order to get the face of the HVAC unit off?

I was experience very occasional less than perfect climate control, so as is my style, I'm replacing the resistor pack for the blower and the cabin temp sensor. Not seeing an easy way to get this thing out, not much on a search, either.

Ian

#10 ·
I purchased it from the dealer. It is a couple inches long and plastic. Anyone have any good pics on how to remove the climate control face? Changing that resistor for the blower definitely stabilized performance, even though it was working well before.

#14 ·
The part number I got was 64-11-6-930-015

My outside temp sensor is working just fine, I know they get hit a lot being in the fender. Also, my climate control is working fine too, I'm just anal about maintenence. I still haven't tried to put it in, but looks like there is nothing to put in.

Thanks!

#16 · (Edited)
You can disassemble the climate control unit to more thoroughly clean the dust out. The motor is a brushless type consisting of a small flat squirrel cage fan wheel that sits on top of a post on the circuit board. To dissassemble the unit you need an electronics Torx screwdriver set. That fan wheel can cake up with dust pretty bad. At this point you can clean the little sampler grille from the backside which is more thorough. I put a tiny drop of pure Teflon oil on top of the post before I put the wheel back on top of it & reassemble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.