E46 Fanatics Forum banner

ZHP or Meyle HD

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  zander271 
#1 ·
So I know that I need new control arms and bushings, but I'm trying to decide which would be best for my 04 ZHP. I've used the meyles before and liked them but I'm just wondering if the OEM zhp ones are better.

#7 ·
As a resident of New Hampshire I can say one thing, heavy duty. I live in the MWV and with both my E36 & E46 it has taken it's toll. The strongest stuff is the most reliable and solid product. Go on ECS and take a look at the poly bushings. Grab some OEM tie-rods & control arms if needed. Just spend the money now so you don't have to later. Eliminate the headaches forever my dude!:woot:

#8 ·
Meyle HD. not only are the bushings solid and not fluid filled that bust open like stock. they're firmer. Also the Meyle HD comtrol arms have balljoints on both inner and outer that are firmer. ZHP ones only have one set of balljoints stronger.

If nothing else just buy from FCP Euro and get lifetime warranty. so they'll be the last CAs and CABs you'll ever pay for again.

#11 ·
Meyle HD CA w/ integrated bushings. Be done for the rest of your life.

No need to go bushing hipster. The Meyle bushings are solid and serve the intended function very well. give em a cool name with GRRRR or ///M or a random assortment of track sounding letters like ZRW and suddenly the Meyle HD bushings will be the rockstars of the internet.

#12 ·
I was unimpressed by Meyle FCABs after I tried them. I replaced some Powerflex with them because I was curious. I regretted the decision within a few months. I had even bought new Powerflex to replace them again but I bought my E82 before I installed them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.