E46 Fanatics Forum banner

E46 M3 SMG to Manual Increase or Decrease resale value?

22K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  MVZOOM 
#1 ·
i recently picked up a E90 M3 DCT and after driving that car I have came to the conclusion that the SMG transmission is slow:thumbdwn:, and jerky:thumbdwn: and makes you sea sick after a while haha. I am really considering a SMG to Manual swap, and I was wondering if this would increase or decrease the value of my car. Please note my car is a 2006 Comp. package with 39k miles, thanks!

#5 ·
Yup, if people want a manual they'll just buy a manual. There are plenty of them out there. Less people are going to want a car that's had major surgery. That brings into question how well the job was done. I highly doubt it'll increase the value. Most likely decrease it.

#10 ·
I have a shot a the deal of a lifetime or close to. 2004 SMG Silver/red 60,590 miles on it for 16. For a used vehicle it is a 10/10 not a single spot on the whole car. Inspection 2 completed 2 owners driver bluster is spotless mirrors, vanos, subframe, steering wheel, you name it it's perfect. Just its an SMG. Debating it :( keep in mind I have a 2003.5 vert 6speed 66k on it and 2003 topaz coupe 86k on it. Debating on a 3rd... Any feed back guys?

#12 ·
SMG is not that bad once you get used to it, I really was considering swapping trans. but I'll have to see if I will keep the car in the long run. If I will I will most likely swap the trans. But SMG is not bad, you will get used to its jerk, another option is to get a transmission tune, I know evolve makes one, and that improves downshifts (rev matching, etc.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.