Performance chip? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2017, 01:08 PM   #1
Titaniumode

My Ride: 02 325i
Performance chip?

Do these actually work? My brother has an e36 325 I believe and he says he gets better gas mileage and a bit more hp. I came across this on Amazon and the 2 reviews it has say the same thing and some people answered questions and the all pretty much say the same thing? So I'm wondering if this is real or just placebo crap. Any experiences?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MZ...7163TF7K&psc=1

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Titaniumode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
stück/piece

My Ride: 325 Convertible
Transmission: Manual
Save your money. This won't do a thing.
stück/piece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
HayWagon

My Ride: 03 330iT
Nope. Wont do a thing.

Sent from my XT1563 using E46Fanatics mobile app
HayWagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
Lionelski

My Ride: 325CIc
From new, my car had a millisecond lag upon acceleration, almost like a old turbo lag. Dealer said it was normal.

15 years ago I installed the Shark Injector programing and a cold air intake, and the issue went away.
As I installed both at the same time, I'm not sure which fixed the problem, however

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 325ci Convertible - Titanium Silver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sport Package, Premium Package
Racing Dynamics Strut Tower Brace
Conforti Shark Injector, Conforti CAI
Interior: Leather, Euro Tray, M3 Dead Pedal
Lionelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
HayWagon

My Ride: 03 330iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionelski View Post
From new, my car had a millisecond lag upon acceleration, almost like a old turbo lag. Dealer said it was normal.

15 years ago I installed the Shark Injector programing and a cold air intake, and the issue went away.
As I installed both at the same time, I'm not sure which fixed the problem, however
The shark injector is a much different animal than the OPs item.
HayWagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #6
thereem

My Ride: 330xi. kenworth t680
I have it on my car and it works great, just look at all the positive reviews. On my cat it added about 50% more power but I think 15% came from a nos sticker I got installed. I have to be a bit more careful in the rain cause it will spin all 4 wheels now. I hope this was helpful
Ps the fuel saving isn't bad either
thereem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:46 PM   #7
Knight

My Ride: SL63 | SHO | E46
If you are looking for something that is plug n' play out of the box, the Shark Injector is the only worthwhile option, IMO.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Knight; 09-24-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:42 AM   #8
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
It would be interesting to see this thing on the dyno...I'm skeptical it prob just changes the throttle response which gives a placebo effect.

35% HP gain LOL

The Shark Injector on a ZHP claims +14hp and +10tq (at the crank) which is believable.

Last edited by zander271; 09-28-2017 at 12:50 AM.
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:58 PM   #9
HakenTT

My Ride: 2002 330i
Obvious it is a scam. E36 can not be manipulated trough OBD2 port. Has to be done trough round port under the hood. even legit flasher tool like Shark Injector won't do much, you won't feel anything.
HakenTT is offline   Reply With Quote