E46 Sedan e46 tail lights: how to avoid getting scammed? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous
Non-BMW parts, Non-BMW for sale, motorcycles, random car parts, home electronics, cell phones, clothing, shoes, concert tickets, video games, pets and anything else you can think of!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2017, 10:00 PM   #1
Titaniumode

My Ride: 02 325i
e46 tail lights: how to avoid getting scammed?

So this is my first post here and I have a 02 325i stock everything. Aside from cosmetics and tune ups there isn't really much I'm hoping to do. That said I would like it to look a little different as far as headlights/taillights. So I found this guy selling some spyder tail lights that I personally think look cool and he lives in my state but about 3 hours out. He is willing to ship for an extra 10 dollars so that's cool, but I was wondering what kind precautions I can take to avoid getting scammed? I've never done anything like this and I dont wanna get screwed over. I'm hoping some of you can share or help out in any way that have experience buying from people online. I met this guy on a Facebook group. Btw I'm in socal. Bellow are pics of them installed on his e46.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Titaniumode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:03 PM   #2
iowna330xi

My Ride: 323i Turbo
Paypal. Don't send money as a "gift" unless you really trust the dude. With paypal, if the dude ends up scamming you, you can always get your money back
iowna330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:18 PM   #3
CarbonZHP
Because Race...Convertible?

My Ride: goes choo choo
Year: 2004
Model: 330Cic ZHP
Transmission: AT->5MT->6MT
Honda Civic yayyy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
Instagram: @CarbonZHP
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2017, 10:23 PM   #4
Titaniumode

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowna330xi View Post
Paypal. Don't send money as a "gift" unless you really trust the dude. With paypal, if the dude ends up scamming you, you can always get your money back
Oh dang no way! I didn't know they did that... thanks!

Old 07-31-2017, 10:23 PM   #5
Titaniumode

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
Honda Civic yayyy
What?

Old 08-01-2017, 12:41 AM   #6
yamman93

My Ride: 2006 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titaniumode View Post
What?

Personally I would go for some depo led tails if you have a sedan. If you have a pre facelift coupe maybe go for some oem led tails and if you have a facelift coupe you should leave the tail lights alone.
yamman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #7
Titaniumode

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamman93 View Post
Personally I would go for some depo led tails if you have a sedan. If you have a pre facelift coupe maybe go for some oem led tails and if you have a facelift coupe you should leave the tail lights alone.
I honestly love the oem leds, they look so bad ass, but I have a facelift and the aftermarket ones are kinda outta my budget rn. I just dont want to spend that much when I still have some stuff to pay off. Probably in the next year or two I'll be good. I'm not really a fan of the oem facelift ones :/