E46 Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

October MAR talk... aka CHATZZZZZZZZ

136K views 4K replies 49 participants last post by  kevmo 
#1 ·
Sorry Matt i couldnt resist :rofl:

#973 ·
Even with the excessive toe-in in the rear, you've still got way too much tire sticking out at the bottom. Its gonna slow you down. I guess because its the wagon its meh, but don't let the sedan end up like that or you'll start losing time in the 1/4 (if that matters to you).

#985 ·
Ya Beej. Its definitely the toe-in and lack of the bottom of the fender/bumper coming out to meet the widened top, which means air hits the tire directly and that = slow. I too think it looks ridiculous but thats the look he's going for :dunno:

I think it would have looked cool on 18's of the same width.

#988 ·
This is true. Half of the tire shouldn't be exposed IMO. But... I don't know why it would really make it slower... you're traveling forward, not backward, which means the difference in air resistance should theoretically be negligible, unless the lots of tire were exposed on the other side, too.

#996 · (Edited)
Yeah def the bottom.

Ohnoes- when he fixes all that toe, even MOAR tire will stick on on the front side. The amount sticking out on the front side of the front tires is no bueno either.

This was why the ex-ALMS m3's had major issues after they switched to GA and GA changed their rules for 05 and on. They were allowed to keep the wide tops of the fenders, but not the bottom or the bumper, so lots of tire sticking out in the front to hit air head-on.

you has this

and need this

Though obviously to a much less radical extent :rofl:

#1,003 ·
Exposed tire DOES make it slower. The amount of exposed tire will be increased when some of the toe is neutralized. Tires aren't meant to be hit with air straight on like that. Thats one of the reasons your bumper/undertray has that little lip that sticks down in front of the front tires.

And rear camber isn't going to make you slower in a straight line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.