E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Rear View Camera Power Help

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  TheRiddle 
#1 ·
Hey guys im not the best with electrical wiring. Ive wired lights and simple things before but im trying to wire a rear view camera and its not working how i want it too.

I would like to wire the camera so its on all the time while the car is on(i will do an on/off switch later).
At first i tried tapping into the tail lights so whenever i turned the headlights to on it would get power, but this did not work.
I tried doing it straight to the battery which worked but when i started the car the picture would be jumpy and very unclear.

I bought some 30 amp relays on amazon and wired it up to the battery again but it did not work at all.

Any help?
i have an eonon headunit
e46 e325i 03

#4 ·
Sure, you could try the cigarette lighter. You could tap into a 12V source in the boot, such as the cd stacker interface. If you don't have a cd stacker installed, you won't have to splice anything, an the plug will just be sitting in a little pouch near the cd stacker mount point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.