Xi 5 Speed To 6 Speed Swap Questions - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Xi Forum

E46 Xi Forum
The E46 XI was produced from 01-05 in sedan and touring body styles. Powered by either a 2.5L inline 6 in the 325xi or a 3.0L inline 6 330xi. Discuss all thing about BMW AWD E46 'Xi' here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #21
jagmandan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 125
My Ride: E46 325xit -> 330xit
The salvage transmission I picked up luckily had the complete linkage and shifter intact. In the mean time, I did a bit of searching and found that the NLA shifter arm was superseded to p/n 25-11-2-450-669, which some places are showing as NLA, some available. I attempted to order one... if it shows up I may have an extra for sale.
jagmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:24 AM   #22
petro240
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: CT
Posts: 55
My Ride: 325xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmandan View Post
The salvage transmission I picked up luckily had the complete linkage and shifter intact. In the mean time, I did a bit of searching and found that the NLA shifter arm was superseded to p/n 25-11-2-450-669, which some places are showing as NLA, some available. I attempted to order one... if it shows up I may have an extra for sale.
That's awesome that it came complete as promised!

I found the same part # cross reference, but didn't follow through to try and order. I had just assumed the website inventories weren't updated to show it's NLA. If it shows up let me know!
petro240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #23
jagmandan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 125
My Ride: E46 325xit -> 330xit
Update on trying to order 25112450669 as a replacement for 25117521280: After a long delay this was the response I received:

"We have heard back from Germany, and they are not releasing this part for the US market. We are unsure as to why, but will not be able to fulfill this order. Many apologies."

I'm not going to pursue it anymore, but this response seems to leave open the possibility of trying to procure via a vendor based in Germany.
jagmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:50 PM   #24
DANIELCLARK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 6
Bump... have a possible solution if anyone is still interested in proceeding with their swap


https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1271529
DANIELCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:13 PM   #25
petro240
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: CT
Posts: 55
My Ride: 325xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIELCLARK View Post
Bump... have a possible solution if anyone is still interested in proceeding with their swap


https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1271529
I actually just logged on to find this thread with an update because I just got confirmation a few minutes ago after a few weeks of waiting, and here it is bumped up right at the top. Crazy.

Anyway, save yourself some time and order from Pelican. I was skeptical after seeing what others had gone through with other places, and when Pelican told me they had to go through Germany I was expecting the inevitable “no.” But somehow they came through!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6F183DB1-5F5C-4BB6-9613-B9A0EC3E7C2F.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	794333  
petro240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:25 PM   #26
DANIELCLARK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by petro240 View Post
I actually just logged on to find this thread with an update because I just got confirmation a few minutes ago after a few weeks of waiting, and here it is bumped up right at the top. Crazy.



Anyway, save yourself some time and order from Pelican. I was skeptical after seeing what others had gone through with other places, and when Pelican told me they had to go through Germany I was expecting the inevitable “no.” But somehow they came through!


That’s how I got mine, is there any interest in a steel one though? I have the resources just looking for people willing to upgrade before I spend time and money making steel ones.


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
DANIELCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:44 PM   #27
xi46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 184
My Ride: 2002 330xi ZPP/SP/CW
Quote:
Originally Posted by petro240 View Post
I actually just logged on to find this thread with an update because I just got confirmation a few minutes ago after a few weeks of waiting, and here it is bumped up right at the top. Crazy.

Anyway, save yourself some time and order from Pelican. I was skeptical after seeing what others had gone through with other places, and when Pelican told me they had to go through Germany I was expecting the inevitable “no.” But somehow they came through!
Nice! I just received mine as well from The BMW Mini Part Store, after placing my order a month ago. Haven’t compared it with the broken original one from the car I got my transmission from yet, but it looks promising. I’m really happy that BMW has made this available again. Thinking of ordering a couple more for potential future projects in case they’re hard to find again.
xi46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.