Name this line. Help! - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2020, 10:33 AM   #1
Archbid

My Ride: 330cic, 325i Touring
Year: 03
Model: 330cic
Transmission: 6-Speed, auto
Name this line. Help!

Took off the manifold and found a broken line coming up from the fuel filter area. It is hard black plastic about 3mm OD 1mm ID.

It is not the fuel filter hose the connects to the intake boot, and it is not rubber, it is rigid.

So sorry I have no picture!

Ideas?
Archbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:59 AM   #2
alcarazdiego10

My Ride: 2003 325i m56
I usually use https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=11_3411
To find diagrams and part number

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
alcarazdiego10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:03 AM   #3
Archbid

Yes I am well-versed in real oem. I looked at engine and fuel diagrams and can't figure what line it is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #4
Spannerhead

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
The FPR line transitions from rubber to hardline back to rubber as it progresses from the F-connector to the filter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Past BMWs:

Past Other: '85 GSL-SE '88 JZA70 '86 4K quattro '85 RX-7 S '85 RX-7 GSL
Spannerhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:22 AM   #5
Archbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannerhead View Post
The FPR line transitions from rubber to hardline back to rubber as it progresses from the F-connector to the filter.
That is the one! Do I need to use the $80 part or can I just use silicon vacuum tubing?
Old 01-09-2020, 11:24 AM   #6
All2kool

My Ride: 2002 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbid View Post
That is the one! Do I need to use the $80 part or can I just use silicon vacuum tubing?
Any bit of snug fitting rubber line will do. It's a breather, not a fuel delivery line.

Previous:

All2kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:44 AM   #7
MrMCar

My Ride: E30M3 F10 RT
Yes you can use generic hose or tubing. The old school cars used such to vary the fuel rail pressure between idle/near idle, high vacuum and lower fuel pressure.
Acceleration the engine looses vacuum and the fuel pressure went up ~.5 Bar.

Now although it's still hooked to the regulator, it's a safety device.
It's very rare, but sometimes the diaphragm in the FPR can tear. If it should, this would deliver fuel into the intake manifold and not have a fuel leak.

A cracked hose can be a source of a vacuum leak.
I'd recommend hard plastic line over a long length of vacuum hose for a myriad of reasons.
MrMCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:50 PM   #8
mr_kenzo

Is it this line showing in the vid?