Backfire / exhaust pop tune /FLAMES? - Page 13 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2020, 04:54 AM   #241
sando_

My Ride: 530d
Hi, I've got ms43 with 066 sw version, can I get loud pop and bangs with values posted here? I'm asking because a lot of people are saying that 066 is crappy version and a lot of things/mods don't wotk at it like it should?
sando_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:00 AM   #242
SRK

My Ride: 330i
Year: 2002
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by sando_ View Post
Hi, I've got ms43 with 066 sw version, can I get loud pop and bangs with values posted here? I'm asking because a lot of people are saying that 066 is crappy version and a lot of things/mods don't wotk at it like it should?

Switch to an backup dme with 0056 sw version. You can reflash with other version but its better to have an spare dme

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:51 PM   #243
d_cleverzz

My Ride: Turbo 5spd 330cic
Year: 2001
Model: 330CIC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Quote:

When it comes to tuning capabilities, all the versions are virtually the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2020, 04:43 AM   #244
sando_

My Ride: 530d
Tried a lot of things and i can't even get loud bang, just crackles. Today I'm trying rich/lean fuel pattern to see if that helps...
sando_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #245
SRK

Quote:
Tried a lot of things and i can't even get loud bang, just crackles. Today I'm trying rich/lean fuel pattern to see if that helps...

here are my settings, ive changed the engine temp on the last row to 92.3c
my car is an ak-47 now lol, heavy crackles and bangs

Click image for larger version

Name:	tutorial pops.PNG
Views:	124
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	797281
Old 04-12-2020, 02:15 PM   #246
paw.garage

My Ride: 325i
Transmission: MT
can't wait the new patchlist
paw.garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 11:48 PM   #247
jarheadp3

My Ride: E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionreptyle View Post
And they use ignition cut without too much worries for coils...,so it might not be so dangerous for ms43 team to release their variant. ***x1f642; (teasing)
I have this tune, its fully coded into the ms43 ecu no other hardware needed, works great and i didnt have any trouble with ignition coils, also as a bonus i used it quite a lot (but never longer than a few seconds at a time) and the cats actually held up all the way till went catless!

Looking forward to it being released on the patchlist!
jarheadp3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:35 AM   #248
SRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheadp3 View Post
I have this tune, its fully coded into the ms43 ecu no other hardware needed, works great and i didnt have any trouble with ignition coils, also as a bonus i used it quite a lot (but never longer than a few seconds at a time) and the cats actually held up all the way till went catless!

How much €€€ for the bin file

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2020, 08:16 AM   #249
scorpionreptyle

My Ride: e36 330i
Year: 1997
Model: E36
Transmission: 5 spd manual
Quote:
Quote:
And they use ignition cut without too much worries for coils...,so it might not be so dangerous for ms43 team to release their variant. ***x1f642; (teasing)

Why dont you share it for us to make easy and faster release of the patches ? Everything here was and it supposed to be free, so why to expect money when all the info we get by now was free.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scorpionreptyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:51 AM   #250
jarheadp3

Quote:
Why dont you share it for us to make easy and faster release of the patches ? Everything here was and it supposed to be free, so why to expect money when all the info we get by now was free.
Even if i wanted to, the bin is encrypted and simply reads gibberish when you make a read of it, also i dont expect money at all, but if you were referring to the tuner, its completely his choice wether he wants to release it only for money, just as much as it is daniel and sda's choice to release this stuff for free, and i think its best to respect the authors wishes either way they choose. Also it sounds like sda's version of this will work better anyway, as the one i have will still throw misfire codes in the ecu, and ill be more than happy to donate for this feature, just as much as im happy to pay for the tune, i appreciate how much work goes into this!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2020, 12:20 PM   #251
scorpionreptyle

My Ride: e36 330i
Year: 1997
Model: E36
Transmission: 5 spd manual
Quote:
Even if i wanted to, the bin is encrypted and simply reads gibberish when you make a read of it, also i dont expect money at all, but if you were referring to the tuner, its completely his choice wether he wants to release it only for money, just as much as it is daniel and sda's choice to release this stuff for free, and i think its best to respect the authors wishes either way they choose. Also it sounds like sda's version of this will work better anyway, as the one i have will still throw misfire codes in the ecu, and ill be more than happy to donate for this feature, just as much as im happy to pay for the tune, i appreciate how much work goes into this!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scorpionreptyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:54 PM   #252
CarbonZHP
Because Race...Convertible?

My Ride: goes choo choo
Year: 2004
Model: 330Cic ZHP
Transmission: AT->5MT->6MT
Did anyone get toggle with cruise control working? My new setup throws flames every single time I let off

Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
Instagram: @CarbonZHP
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:55 PM   #253
d_cleverzz

Backfire / exhaust pop tune /FLAMES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
Did anyone get toggle with cruise control working? My new setup throws flames every single time I let off

Put some timing back in it.

Last edited by d_cleverzz; 05-01-2020 at 11:55 PM.
d_cleverzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:56 PM   #254
CarbonZHP

Well im fine with it if I can toggle. I remember someone mentioning cruise instead of AC since I no longer have ac

Old 05-03-2020, 09:17 AM   #255
Bensonfernandes

no difference found with ms430069

I've read through all the pages , tried the settings posted in ms4x for pop and bang when AC switched on and I still don't find any difference . The past 3 weeks, I have tried different values and I'm frustrated now .AC works fine , compressor engages ,but I can't find any difference in changes made .I'm hoping someone can help me .The vehicle is a e46 320 ci (backbox delete), with the ms430069 firmware .Any help would be appreciated .I have attached the current maps I have edited .It previously had the setup from ms4x wiki but ,din't make any difference.Also there are no pops or bangs when vehicle is stationary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new map.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	799527  

Last edited by Bensonfernandes; 05-03-2020 at 09:19 AM.
Bensonfernandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:41 AM   #256
jarheadp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensonfernandes View Post
I've read through all the pages , tried the settings posted in ms4x for pop and bang when AC switched on and I still don't find any difference . The past 3 weeks, I have tried different values and I'm frustrated now .AC works fine , compressor engages ,but I can't find any difference in changes made .I'm hoping someone can help me .The vehicle is a e46 320 ci (backbox delete), with the ms430069 firmware .Any help would be appreciated .I have attached the current maps I have edited .It previously had the setup from ms4x wiki but ,din't make any difference.Also there are no pops or bangs when vehicle is stationary.
Have you edited the ip_iga_pu_n_tco table as well? This may need some ignition retard as i believe the ac table only effects fast decel which is from high rpm(could be wrong here) also there is a config switch for trailing throttle fuel cut, might be worth looking at that?

Old 05-03-2020, 11:20 AM   #257
Bensonfernandes

Quote:
Have you edited the ip_iga_pu_n_tco table as well? This may need some ignition retard as i believe the ac table only effects fast decel which is from high rpm(could be wrong here) also there is a config switch for trailing throttle fuel cut, might be worth looking at that?

Hi, I haven't edited ip_iga_puc_n_tco as I thought it is for when when AC is off . Does this map require changes aswell to get pops and bangs with AC on ?
Old 05-04-2020, 02:49 PM   #258
Bensonfernandes

Quote:

Hi, I haven't edited ip_iga_puc_n_tco as I thought it is for when when AC is off . Does this map require changes aswell to get pops and bangs with AC on?

Last edited by Bensonfernandes; 05-04-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:00 PM   #259
CarbonZHP

I got my AC toggle activation working but no matter how I manipulate the AC timing map, it always does -23.6 deg on overrun when activated. What am I missing?

Old 05-14-2020, 11:10 PM   #260
d_cleverzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
I got my AC toggle activation working but no matter how I manipulate the AC timing map, it always does -23.6 deg on overrun when activated. What am I missing?

3 maps. Slow throttle decel, fast throttle decel ac off, and fast throttle decel ac on. Check them, there’s 2 for ac and make sure one table isn’t accidentally too aggressive and matching whenever you are operating with your ac.