Who recently replaced their cowl? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Mulatto325

My Ride: 325ci convertible
Who recently replaced their cowl?

I need to replace my cowl part #51718232894.
Been looking around. Here's what i found.
ECS 86.91 shipped
Bmwpartsource 91.80 shipped
Bmwparts outlet 62.93 shipped
Tischer 76.90 shipped
bmwmercedesparts.com 55.36 shipped
Vista BMW in stock (local dealership) 92.04
I'm thinking on just getting it from the dealership so i would have it right away but really I'm in no hurry. Waiting to get a few more shipping quotes.
Just wondering if any one replaced theirs recently and who would be the best vendor to deal with.
I have used bmwpartsource and ecs in the past. Vendors feel free to to respond or offer some free shipping

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My tops down, its upset.
>>>Mulatto325<<< Build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Mulatto325; 01-04-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Mulatto325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
Mulatto325

Just got a shipping quote from BMWmercparts for $12 bucks. Nice. Never used with them before. I know their not a sponsor. Some feedback?

My tops down, its upset.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
mmaldin

My Ride: '04 325xit '94 325i
I have used them several times. Excellent.
mmaldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
iansanderson

My Ride: 2001 330CiC
buy the cheapest price for it. I think I paid $45 with a wholesale discount for mine.

edit.. i just checked that bmwmercedesparts.com woow... they sell at rock bottom prices. very close to dealer cost!

Cheat Sheet:

GT1/ISIS/MoDiC = Factory authorized diagnostic system used by BMW dealerships across the world.

NCS Expert = BMW Factory R&D programming tool available on the internet (not intended for the public and not available to the dealership network)

OEM = Genuine BMW part only available from a franchised BMW dealership.

DME = Engine Management Computer

Last edited by iansanderson; 01-04-2011 at 08:03 PM.
iansanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
Mulatto325

Looks like I'm going to go with bmwmercedesparts.com. Hard to believe the difference in prices. I edited got shipping quotes from every one. Shipping was between 12-14 bucks except for ecs and bmwpartsourse it was around 40.

My tops down, its upset.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
huskerick

My Ride: 325i/C6/928/951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto325 View Post
Looks like I'm going to go with bmwmercedesparts.com. Hard to believe the difference in prices. I edited got shipping quotes from every one. Shipping was between 12-14 bucks except for ecs and bmwpartsourse it was around 40.
just purchased through bmwmercedes (aka Husker BMW) also.
after dealing with a number of BMW sources, they are my #1.

also, a good idea to get part numbers 51718208479 and 51718208480 at the same time.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...67&hg=51&fg=20

Last edited by huskerick; 01-04-2011 at 09:05 PM.
huskerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
Stickbuilder

My Ride: Touring, and others
Replaced mine last summer. Got mine from ECS, and as I remember, the shipping was only 12 or so bucks.

English
Sarcasm
Profanity
Stickbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #8
deadpass

My Ride: 01 330i
I replaced mine over the summer, it's kinda a PITA to wiggle the wiper arms to get the nut to come off but once you figure it out it's easy.

edit: bought mine on here, someone had one they didn't need, got it for like 40 shipped.

Last edited by deadpass; 01-04-2011 at 10:16 PM.
deadpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #9
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
mine needs replacement!

Always Mod!!!
Founder: 330Ci The 3 litre coupe
BeMyWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
kannabis

My Ride: '02 325I,04 325CIc
Got mine from Bav auto. I believe it was $57.00. Really easy to install, bout 10mins, and well worth it too.
kannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #11
loginfailed

My Ride: My buddies 350hp
I got mine from koperformance. $56.59 + FREE SHIPPING

http://www.koperformance.com/online_...&q=51718232894

I've ordered from them on 5 different occasions. Good service, fast shipping.

-
-
-

Last edited by loginfailed; 01-04-2011 at 11:11 PM.
loginfailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
BMWCaptain

Location: TEXAS - Circuit of the Americas doing laps with my M5 and coming in for a pit stop.
My Ride: 03 330iT SportWagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by loginfailed View Post
I got mine from koperformance. $56.59 + FREE SHIPPING

http://www.koperformance.com/online_...&q=51718232894

I've ordered from them on 5 different occasions. Good service, fast shipping.

KOPerformance sucks. They don't return phone calls or emails. For a company that wants business, they don't know how to treat potential customers.

Never returned any of my emails. Phone message left for me said they return emails quicker. Ha.
BMWCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
loginfailed

WOW, this was over a year ago, cap'n.

I always had perfect service from them.

To be fair though, I never tried to call or e-mail them with questions because I always knew what parts I wanted. I never needed any special help or assistance to complete my orders.

I do my research ahead of time using realoem.com.

I used the website to place my orders. They arrived at my door in a timely manner.

Your mileage may vary, I guess.

-
-
-

Old 04-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
Mango
E46Mango.com

My Ride: Lexus
I need to replace mine too.. $12 for shipping eh? sounds good..

|
|
|

-
-
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
loginfailed

It's always a good idea to shop around before you hit the buy button. Lots of places sell BMW parts. Might be able to find a better deal if you look. Maybe someone is offering free shipping.

-
-
-