Cant decide Dynavin or OEM Nav? - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Mobile Electronics Forum

Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #41
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 696BMW View Post
That is consolation for some, and don't get me wrong, you have gone above and beyond for your customers. Especially considering the company and product you have had to play representative, sales, support, installer, technician etc, etc, and fireman for.

The truth is, it is a terrible product, a Frankenstein of sorts, made up of whatever bits were cheap and surplus. From my observations, of all the Chinese products available like the dynavin, or should I say, that the dynavin is like, seem better equipped and featured, and cheaper. I found about 50 different companys pumping out about 4 or 5 slight variations of the same thing. They start about $400. The dynavin has hardware issues, software issues, firmware issues, like all of them I bet. But the others still look better. It is an ill-conceived hack job that apart from the moulded integration of the fascia into each individual make and model, could have been patched together by a 12yo electronic hobbyist on a weekend, But his would prolly have a smoother more logical and congruous layout and interface. It is quite literally a frankenstein.

It appears as though version and hardware changes, probably followed market trends and stock prices more then any aims of development. The sunplus chip is a step backwards, not that they had far to fall. Absolutely no development in software let alone a few god damn skins. Changing to Android may be their saving grace. (for a while) Due to androids efficiency compared to any windows shyte, so they will be able to stick with cheap slow chips longer then with wince, and the android factor will bring in more sucker... I mean customers. But Android coming out just makes me more pissed. Just another nail in the V5 (should have been called V5 alpha 0.001), meaning, something cheaper, better came along, they dont have to worry about MS chasing them for royalties, not like they ever paid them. No point in flogging a dead horse. So jump bandwagons and dump the orange haired step-child at the car-park and go. So any chance of our electronic fruit salad getting any meaningful updates is zilch. You would get a much much better all round result by saving $800 on Dynavin and install a cheapy chinese 8" $200 android tablet in a cradle. It will be infinitely more reliable, useable, 10 times more features. 3 times more cpu power, more attractive.

When Jeff and about 3 other people on forums, are the world authority and support for the rest of the world, it says something about the company. Just read the "About Us" on their website, What a crock! Lies and fabrication.

Changing to Android is great in theory, too late for my $1000 down the toilet, but I have no faith that the Dynatwits could come up with any reasonable product anyway. Still got that DVD/radio half from 95' to deal with. They wont even spend a few hundred on making some new skins. Still has the original skins from a home DVD player unit. What are the odds they'll spend money on software development on old models, that they already made their money on? If Motorola and Samsung and all these companies leave everyone high and dry in regards updates, what makes a 3rd rate chinese startup any different?

I fear Jeff's good work and support job, growing bigger then his business? And props to Vasilie too, starting and running the dynavin.freeforums website out of his pocket, after dynavin closed theirs!! Wonder why?
Think I'll wait for someone, anyone else to do a proper job with InCarAndroid before I get my wallet out.

To the naive...Unless you got some skillz, and enjoy tinkering do not buy this HU!
You should have addressed your post to yourself. You're the naive.
All that in your head and you still bought a Dynavin for yourself. And now you're mouthing off after the fact. You're a moron.

Jeff didnt give Dynavin a 10 of 10 rating in his review. We were aware of that. But like most of us here, we were after the OEM look. Imo the radio is equal to if not better than my HK biz unit. And as has been repeatedly mentioned it has touch screen, DVD, BT and other goodies. All of that for a sweet sounding deal of around $700. read: SHIPPED !

I was one of the customers who got one of the early v5 units when it first came out for general availability. I only had one real issue with the v5. As always Jeff quickly got into action. Not a moment too soon I got a firmware update from him via email. Didnt have any problem ever since.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BrutaL; 06-02-2011 at 05:23 PM.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:44 AM   #42
loginfailed

My Ride: My buddies 350hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezeekial View Post
Which backup camera did you go with? Can you show me pics of the screen in action?
it was from eBay. The seller's name was "factorykiss"

I think it was this one:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=320707631783

I don't have any pics but maybe if I get time I'll post a video of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-

loginfailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #43
FlickRTB06

My Ride: 2000 328i
I am looking to put in a dynavin in my 2000 328i to include back up camera, HVAC relocator, etc., but I can't find anywhere that actually sells them. I requested info through the Dynavin website but all they sent me was a link to something here on E46 Fanatics and now I can't find any links to US distributors. Any help someone can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
FlickRTB06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #44
loginfailed

My Ride: My buddies 350hp
Contact this guy right here:

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/member.php?u=166857

http://www.jandtdistributing.com/dynavinsolutions

-
-
-

loginfailed is offline   Reply With Quote