Bluetooth no sound problem - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Mobile Electronics Forum

Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
bmw_chuzo

My Ride: HPF M3
Send a message via MSN to bmw_chuzo
Bluetooth no sound problem

Hello

I just retrofitted the oem bluetooth and Navigation kit in my car. The problem is that when I try to call or receive calls, I can't hear anyone on the speakers. The radio would still be playing and not mute like it's supposed to.
I have re-cheked the connections between the x13321 plug and the "R" connector in the retrofit kit and its fine. I don't have the plug for the SES jumper since I think i'm using a 03'+ up harness.

I forgot to mention that I have the 13th ULF, and the car is a 2001 m3
thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bmw_chuzo; 07-31-2009 at 10:05 PM.
bmw_chuzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
BmwAudio32

My Ride: 2004 Imola 330i ZHP
This probably sounds like a stupid question, but you did pair the phone sucessfully, right? It seems as if your pairing was either lost or not saved to the car correctly.
BmwAudio32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
bmw_chuzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAudio32 View Post
This probably sounds like a stupid question, but you did pair the phone sucessfully, right? It seems as if your pairing was either lost or not saved to the car correctly.
yes I did pair my phone I can make calls, check my phonebook, etc. I have tried the same with three other phones and still don't have sound.

this problem is driving me nuts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2009, 07:20 AM   #4
champ222

My Ride: 330CI
i would check the wiring between the bluetooth kit to the radio.

there is one pin that mutes the radio, pulls the pin to ground, and "PHONE" appears on the display

there is another pin that allows the audio from the phone to come through the radio. pull the pin to 12v

both these 2 pins are part of the 17pin connection at the back.

the actual phone audio goes into the small cd changer port.

this is assuming you use a business cd / tape, but i would imagine its similar if you have nav
champ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
ZZen330

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
I see it mentioned that the bluetooth retrofit goes into the cd changer port. Does that mean that no other device can use that port, piggybacked, etc? For example a dice unit, or grom aux adaptor (radio or trunk connection).

Thanks.
ZZen330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
bmw_chuzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ222 View Post
i would check the wiring between the bluetooth kit to the radio.

there is one pin that mutes the radio, pulls the pin to ground, and "PHONE" appears on the display

there is another pin that allows the audio from the phone to come through the radio. pull the pin to 12v

both these 2 pins are part of the 17pin connection at the back.

the actual phone audio goes into the small cd changer port.

this is assuming you use a business cd / tape, but i would imagine its similar if you have nav
I believe that too. That all goes to the cd changer plug as the "retrofit" instructions say. I have the bm53/54 radio, since that is the one that can be used with the nav monitor or i'm wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZen330 View Post
I see it mentioned that the bluetooth retrofit goes into the cd changer port. Does that mean that no other device can use that port, piggybacked, etc? For example a dice unit, or grom aux adaptor (radio or trunk connection).

Thanks.
I have a dice unit, but I already tested the bluetooth with the dice disconnected and had the same results