Long seat leather abrasion - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
Mikaly

My Ride: TiAG 323i on 19s
Long seat leather abrasion

So, I drove a co-worker (who I talked for the first time) to his car at his request last night.

After he left, I noticed a long gash/abrasion on my seat. Looks like he had keys or something in his back pocket that rubbed the leather while he was getting up.

First, I don't know whether or not to confront him about this. The problem is, there's no way I can prove that it was him since I noticed it after he left (he's been the only passenger in my car for the week, and I'm 100% sure it wasn't there before he sat in the car). He seems a little absent minded because he also hit (slight tap) the side of my car with his skateboard while getting out and didn't say anything. Second, I need to repair it because it's an eyesore.

Any suggestions? Funny thing is I had ordered the "Rejuvenator Oil" and "Pristine Clean" from Detailed image earlier yesterday. Hopefully I might be able to use it to help with the leather scrape?

Thanks for any help...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scratch.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	207113  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mikaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:07 PM   #2
[email protected]

My Ride: is clean & protected
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear about, very unfortunate. I've come to the conclusion that many people will never value a vehicle the way I think most of us do. Not that we are correct, but its just the way we value/view a vehicle.

Thank you very much for your purchase those products are great. I think the leatherique products might help some of the lighter areas, recover. However I don't think they'll do that much for the deeper parts of the scrape to be honest. If you go on to leatherique's web site they do have some information there on how to fix marks like your's appears to be. Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:20 AM   #3
jiggynites

My Ride: 97EK 00 E46 03 745i
wow that sucks man I hate it when people are not caring of your car like its just a regular beater or something. oh I hit his door with a skateboard oh its not a problem he wont care its just a "car"
the same thing happen to my cousin 2 weeks ago when he gave a friend a ride on his new camry. seems like the kids pants had big buttons or something and scrapped the leather just like yours in various places and no way he can prove it was him since other people sat there. We took it in to a detailer and he said nothing he can do they were too deep he could only cover up the small scratches.
and let me tell you now im so scare when people sit on my napa seats that im thinking about getting a cover for the bottom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My car's for sale
jiggynites is offline   Reply With Quote