Lets see those winter beaters!! - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #41
04yfz

My Ride: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
How is the truck out of warranty at only 30k miles????? I would try to call GM and ask for a goodwill replacement because that's ridiculous.

Did you try and tow something beyond the rated capacity?
Probably due to age.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BimmerApp mobile app

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
04yfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #42
DangerousMind

My Ride: Sierra 1500 SLT
Quote:
How is the truck out of warranty at only 30k miles????? I would try to call GM and ask for a goodwill replacement because that's ridiculous.

Did you try and tow something beyond the rated capacity?
It is a 2007 and the warranty is 5yr/100k. The only thing I have towed with it is my boat which weighs 2900# on the trailer. I called and spoke to the service advisor at the local dealer and he said there is nothing that he can do to help me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DangerousMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #43
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousMind View Post
It is a 2007 and the warranty is 5yr/100k. The only thing I have towed with it is my boat which weighs 2900# on the trailer. I called and spoke to the service advisor at the local dealer and he said there is nothing that he can do to help me.
Don't call dealer, call GM customer care and explain the situation. They will sometimes be able to help out or cover the repair completely depending on how generous they are being. With how close your truck is to when the warranty expired and due to the low mileage, I'd imagine they'd help out.

Dealers don't give a sh!t and don't want to do any more work than is necessary. You have to do this yourself.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #44
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
The former....5 speed 325xi with blizzaks.

The current is a 2005 X3 with blizzaks.

Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #45
SamDoe1

^ I miss my Xi on days like that... TL isn't even close to as good in the snow.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #46
wild willy

My Ride: Cars
wild willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #47
Marshmallow

My Ride: Ehhh...
^^ I'm assuming that is your year round car because it's better than a Quest.
Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:41 PM   #48
wild willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
^^ I'm assuming that is your year round car because it's better than a Quest.
Actually......I'd rather drive the Quest Daily than the Altima SR. I fuggin hate it....the CVT sucks anus big time. I miss my 02 SE, I take it back in a heart beat if it did not look like this
Old 01-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #49
Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
Actually......I'd rather drive the Quest Daily than the Altima SR. I fuggin hate it....the CVT sucks anus big time. I miss my 02 SE, I take it back in a heart beat if it did not look like this
No offense to you but I find it amazing that you like driving a 12 year old Altima.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #50
wild willy

Quote:
No offense to you but I find it amazing that you like driving a 12 year old Altima.
None taken....it was light, fast had a great stereo and all the bells and whistles........not to mention I only had 34K miles on it or so......It was just makin me money driving it.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #51
Marshmallow

If that works for you that is great! I really wish that I could because I would save so much money. Car enthusiasm is an expensive habit.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #52
wild willy

Quote:
If that works for you that is great! I really wish that I could because I would save so much money. Car enthusiasm is an expensive habit.
Yes it is. I Had an 04 GTO (Lease)for 2 yrs that I drove everywhere and the Altima sat for 2 years in storage......Now that was a fun car. 4 sets of rear tires in 17K miles Sometimes a lease is a good thing
Old 01-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #53
wild willy

Quote:
You know, that 02 Altima was 5.9 to 60 and Low 14s in the 1/4. Think of how much money you had to spend in 2002 to get that kind of performance..... Granted, it stickered at 29xxx.00 but still a lot of bang for the buck
Old 01-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #54
DangerousMind

My Ride: Sierra 1500 SLT
Quote:
Don't call dealer, call GM customer care and explain the situation. They will sometimes be able to help out or cover the repair completely depending on how generous they are being. With how close your truck is to when the warranty expired and due to the low mileage, I'd imagine they'd help out.

Dealers don't give a sh!t and don't want to do any more work than is necessary. You have to do this yourself.
I just got off the phone with GM Customer care and they are going to cover 1 hour of diagnostics at the dealer and go from there. We will see how they handle it.

DangerousMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #55
SamDoe1

Quote:
I just got off the phone with GM Customer care and they are going to cover 1 hour of diagnostics at the dealer and go from there. We will see how they handle it.

Hope it works out man. Maybe even try a different dealer? Not sure if that would be better or not but if you're not happy with your current one it might be worth it.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 01-21-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #56
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
I thought this was a site for winter beaters....

SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #57
king kong

My Ride: mid-engine
taken 3 weeks ago when it really started getting cold here. So happy she has seat heaters

king kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #58
inlinesicks

My Ride: E46, Jeep, Subaru
Quote:
My piece of sh1t GMC Sierra's transmission failed at 30k and it is out of warranty so this will be my transportation until I can get the $4k together to replace the trans. Really pissed about the truck.
$4k for a 4l60-e My local tranny shop rebuild them for less than $800, that includes a new torque converter and a 2 year/24k mile warranty.

inlinesicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #59
Stankia

My Ride: Germans

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist."
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #60
Marshmallow

^^ That's a great picture!