PikesPeak 1/2 Mile Airstrip Attack Registration Open - Page 5 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum

Forced Induction Forum
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #81
Vert-igo

My Ride: Turbo M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by James @ Saad Racing View Post
Those Supra's are not making 1000 hp (even if the "dyno" sheet says so). It is very common in the Supra world to say I am making "1000hp", but really making 700ish and not tuned right either.

The idea that you can't do the same thing with a M3 that you can do with a Supra is a misconception.
Hey James,

Just sending out a thanks for all the support you have given me on my kit. Looking back - some of my questions have been pretty daft. Anyways, I appreciate your help! I am looking forward to seeing the results of the shop car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Saad Racing Stage 3 Turbo / ProEFI / NX Nitrous / E85
Vert-igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #82
Twin_Turbo_S54

My Ride: M3
Marcus,

No worries, we all get negative from time to time.

You are right I do not post details. Main reason is something hard to describe. In my culture and Islamic Religion it is called "evil eye, whammy". The more I posted details on local car forums the more problems I encountered. The more I Posted the more I saw issues popping off which I never saw in the last 14 years of F/I life of mine.
Then I decided to post at a minimum and it did help.

You may call me mad but this is something related to my local culture and religion of Islam.

Leave the culture and religion on one side, I also think that posting all the details is like acting like a nouveau rich or parvenu. You can ask why I posted for years, my reply will be my thoughts changed.
I mean there are people WHO cannot afford a Project like that I started thinking that I should be silent and not hurt other's feelings.

Me and my team work 7 days, inc sundays. Half of the week a second team is working from 5 to 11.30 pm.
I plan on testing both M3s this summer and make good/clear videos.

XM3 is getting prepared for drag racing as well as 60-130 mph runs.
Initial tests gave hope for very low 3 sec 60-130 times. A diet would put it under 3 sec 60-130 mph.
At the very same time launching from a stand still is a totally new World for me.

All three M3s of mine will never be finished or should never be finshed. Improvemets should continue. The more I read, think, evaluate the more I go into details. So if any of my M3s is done I would be very upset. Its the progress that makes me happy. I have plans for each car, and if one of the items on the list is done, I carry that item to the "done list".

Once I am at a certain level with both M3s which should be 3-4 months from now on, I would like to invite Marcus, Kenton, Leonel, Dragos or anyone on this board to Istanbul. We can have hours of chat, road tests.... It will be a pleasure to welcome you all.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #83
STORMER

My Ride: AA SC 98 M3
Hey man I so look forward to clean precise information and videos from you. Have been for some time

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

360+rwhp

AA Stage 2, Arp2000, Underdrive Pulley, M50 Manifold, Cat Delete, Supersprint Exhaust, M5 Clutch w/ Lightweight Flywheel, Euro Fan, FK Coilovers, AEM Boost Gauge, Zhp Knob, Stoptech Brakes, R1 Rotors

Quote:
You sir, just thread jacked the sh!t out of OP.
STORMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #84
James @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblackrag View Post
Hey James,

Just sending out a thanks for all the support you have given me on my kit. Looking back - some of my questions have been pretty daft. Anyways, I appreciate your help! I am looking forward to seeing the results of the shop car.
Happy to help . Should have some results on the shop car soon! Been busy with customer cars, turbo kit production and R&D on a new product for the turbo'd M3 kits.
James @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #85
James @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
So what's the point of having a dyno sheet if you are just going to make up random numbers. There is no logic to this. If a dyno says a car makes 1000hp, then the car makes 1000hp. I don't really understand how you would make 300 less hp than what the dyno says. I'm no expert so maybe you could explain this theory to me?
It is easy to photo shop a dyno graph or manipulate a dyno to make it read higher than it actually is. Dyno is a tool and not the best way to measure the real hp output of a car. That's were drag racing comes into play. No way to cheat physics
James @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #86
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
It is easy to photo shop a dyno graph or manipulate a dyno to make it read higher than it actually is. Dyno is a tool and not the best way to measure the real hp output of a car. That's were drag racing comes into play. No way to cheat physics
Not sure why anybody would manipulate numbers if they Intend on doing real racing which is what we are talking about.

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #87
STORMER

Quote:

Yeah this is a pretty weak statement. Sure it can be done. Does it happen often. No. Anybody who puts up real numbers knows at some time they'll have to put out. No sense saying you have xxxxhp and get beat down by someone with way less. Makes you look even more stupid. I don't agree with what's said here.

Although I do agree with the real racing doesn't lie. That being said. Step up Saad and race Kenton.

360+rwhp

AA Stage 2, Arp2000, Underdrive Pulley, M50 Manifold, Cat Delete, Supersprint Exhaust, M5 Clutch w/ Lightweight Flywheel, Euro Fan, FK Coilovers, AEM Boost Gauge, Zhp Knob, Stoptech Brakes, R1 Rotors

Quote:
Old 05-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #88
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Forgot to answer this. My car is setup so that if I hold the brake and gas at the same time it assumes something is wrong (aka stuck throttle etc) and kills the ignition/dbw. I can turn it off but didn't bother too as I was primarily going for trap speeds and wasn't to concerned with roll racing where it would have been beneficial to turn off.

Edit: I think its set to something like 3 seconds. I could also increase that to like 5 seconds.

FYI....with a ProEFI using rolling anti-lag all you would have to do is hit a button and it will hold you at whatever speed you're at and go to the boost you have set. Very cool!
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #89
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
Not sure why anybody would manipulate numbers if they Intend on doing real racing which is what we are talking about.
"real racing" is a quarter mile at the drag strip so you know exactly how far you've gone, how much time it took and how fast you were traveling at the end of it. You can always take that information and convert it to an exact rwhp. Nothing is more exact then that.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #90
being3
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Turbo M3 7168 27PSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad @ Saad Racing View Post
FYI....with a ProEFI using rolling anti-lag all you would have to do is hit a button and it will hold you at whatever speed you're at and go to the boost you have set. Very cool!

I like this feature a lot
Old 05-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #91
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMER View Post
Yeah this is a pretty weak statement. Sure it can be done. Does it happen often. No. Anybody who puts up real numbers knows at some time they'll have to put out. No sense saying you have xxxxhp and get beat down by someone with way less. Makes you look even more stupid. I don't agree with what's said here.

Although I do agree with the real racing doesn't lie. That being said. Step up Saad and race Kenton.
Now that is a weak statement. I'm always ready to race and back up my statements. You may need to talk to Kenton who wants to put conditions on the race, like I need to wear high heels to match his dress when we race. If he wants to race for 5k, I'll be there in a street M3 with a ProEFI and a Saad Racing Turbo kit, simple as that, but he would never race me because he knows better
Old 05-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #92
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
Now that is a weak statement. I'm always ready to race and back up my statements. You may need to talk to Kenton who wants to put conditions on the race, like I need to wear high heels to match his dress when we race. If he wants to race for 5k, I'll be there in a street M3 with a ProEFI and a Saad Racing Turbo kit, simple as that, but he would never race me because he knows better
If your willing to back up your talk, why don't you just show up and race then?

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #93
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 1000rwhp Turbo M3
I merely put realistic conditions on the race...Shop vs one man...ya that sounds like a smart move. Here I'll just open my wallet and race the guy who's gonna have a trailer full of tools, techs and a means of transport to and from the event. I'm driving my car there and back; no trailer; a handful of tools in my trunk; and maybe a friend that can help if something comes up. A street car which is what you advertise but it does not clearly drive on the street. You're running dual sets of 1100cc injectors with nitrous and a big single throttle right? That should be very streetable with the smaller injectors...show your customers that a Saad Racing Street Turbo M3 can drive to and back from an event reliably.

1000+RWHP, Lab22 Built Turbo S54 - BMW Half Mile Record Holder
Commanderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #94
mdrobnak

My Ride: 04 330i SMG TT STG1
I have no skin in this either way - but I have to agree a street car should be driven to the track before being raced. Isn't that the idea of street/strip?

2004 330i with Technique Tuning Stage 1 Kit, UUC Twin Disc Clutch + FW Kit, Walbro 400 Fuel Pump, Aeromotive FPR, Modified Return Lines, E36 Fuel Filter, Ethanol Content Sensor, 550i Clutch Actuator, Lengthened actuator rod, modified exhaust, and FX-R projectors.
93 Octane - 8.5 PSI : 309RWHP on a Superflow / 3XXRWHP on a DynoJet
E85 - ? PSI : ???RWHP on a DynoJet
First SSG MoTeC M150 Powered 330
mdrobnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #95
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Kenton,

You should invite Andy Frost too, he has a street car...
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #96
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
Kenton,

You should invite Andy Frost too, he has a street car...
Lol right

Old 05-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #97
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobnak View Post
I have no skin in this either way - but I have to agree a street car should be driven to the track before being raced. Isn't that the idea of street/strip?
If I was going to one of these events, I would bring my car on a trailer. Statistically, I break my junk 50% of the time.

The 1/2 mile or 1 mile is much harder on an engine than the drag strip. It's one thing to do a 9 second pull through the gears, and quite another to spend 20 seconds at WOT. The last half, is exponentially higher load than the first half. Lots of cars fail at these events on the top end.

Also, I'm not fooled by Kenton's driving to and from the event. His car is well sorted, that's a fact, but he's too smart not to have plan "B" already in place. Regardless, plan "A" is to have a bullet-proof car, which seems to have been very well executed. It would take me years of development to get to that level...
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #98
STORMER

Quote:

Instead of throwing remarks about dresses out why not man up yourself and show the rest of us what you can do? Heck forget Kenton. Just trailer your car out and run it. But you won't. And we know it.

360+rwhp

Quote:
Old 05-20-2014, 11:11 PM   #99
nek0

My Ride: e85 turbo m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by being3 View Post
I like this feature a lot
Anthony i can tell you first hand it is a neat feature one click up on the ebrake the brake light comes up on the dash and off you go its truly a genius configuration
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMER View Post
Instead of throwing remarks about dresses out why not man up yourself and show the rest of us what you can do? Heck forget Kenton. Just trailer your car out and run it. But you won't. And we know it.

dude I know you wanna see a race go down im sure it will regardless.. like my self and others watching this thread and we are all watching (2500 views in a few days) this thread. there is no need for stupid commentary, thanks we appreciate it

Last edited by nek0; 05-20-2014 at 11:11 PM.
nek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:17 PM   #100
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
If I was going to one of these events, I would bring my car on a trailer. Statistically, I break my junk 50% of the time.

The 1/2 mile or 1 mile is much harder on an engine than the drag strip. It's one thing to do a 9 second pull through the gears, and quite another to spend 20 seconds at WOT. The last half, is exponentially higher load than the first half. Lots of cars fail at these events on the top end.

Also, I'm not fooled by Kenton's driving to and from the event. His car is well sorted, that's a fact, but he's too smart not to have plan "B" already in place. Regardless, plan "A" is to have a bullet-proof car, which seems to have been very well executed. It would take me years of development to get to that level...
I'm currently sourcing a custom light aluminum trailer setup for the future so I can turn things up and be more comfortable for sure. There is no doubt a trailer is something of a necessity for stuff like this especially when you build a brand new shop car that you want to push to the limits and you know eventually it's going to break...hopefully not sooner but regardless **** happens. I know Saad won't commit to this...it has not proven it's reliability yet and it would definitely be out of the comfort zone that he's used to...can't blame him for that. But it is what it is...a shop car not owned by anyone but a business...vs. one enthusiast. Apples and Oranges. "If" he shows up and beats me...awesome, I'll congratulate him and offer to buy him a drink because that's the type of guy that I am. Sick of this bullshit where a shop owner constantly harasses a fellow car enthusiast who NEVER started any beef in the "first" place.

A year ago I asked James if he would sell a diff brace without a logo...and I got a reply from Saad...not James...shitting on me...up until that point I'd been nothing but friendly. Either way I haven't seen a Saad Turbo built M3 at ANY racing event yet...and with exception to the enthusiasts building their own setups...I doubt I'll see one for a while.