Angel Eye Problem - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
PDACPA

My Ride: 03 Dinan M3
Angel Eye Problem

When I installed my umnitza angel eyes, I wired a switch under the dash to turn them on and off and I also wired them to turn on with the lock unlock of the car.

I replaced the rings last summer and did not do anything else, but noticed that they are now only working with the lock and unlock.

They will not turn on with the switch under the dash. The switch has a red light and that illuminates so power is there, but I am thinking it has to do with the wiring elsewhere.

Which connection is the wiring that keeps the lights on full time? I do not have my original wire diagram from the install and thought someone might know where i should check first before tracing all the wiring as it is all zip tied and secured out of sight.

Thanks in advance (E46 M3).

2012 BMW 135i M Sport (Black)
Carrera 911 Guards Red (Garage Queen)
2003.5 BMW Dinan M3 (Black)-Sold
2002 BMW Dinan 330Ci (Steel Gray) - Sold
PDACPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:07 AM   #2
TitanSilverE46

My Ride: 2014 s20i X1 MSport
These were the instructions I followed when I installed my generic AEs yesterday.

http://www.fastm.com/m3/angeleyes_orionv2.html

Mine are presently wired to the ECM box and are always on when the key is in position 2. I intend to connect the other trigger to the Driver's footwell light tomorrow, Australia Day to operate with the remote !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 E46 325i - Australian RHD
2001 E46 318i - Australian RHD
TitanSilverE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
Solidjake
Shifting

My Ride: 2013 328i 6MT
Put the wiring the way it's supposed to be and see if they work.

Titan, he put in an extra switch to the wiring.

-
-

-
-

Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
SalM

My Ride: Shhh
Jake to the rescue!!

SalMPhotography
SalM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
PDACPA

My Ride: 03 Dinan M3
The wiring is the way it is supposed to be. Worked fine for years. I think I did use that DIY during install (i installed them a few years ago and remember that DIY and a few others that I read prior to install).

What I am not sure of is which connection operates the "on" that would be wired to my switch. The trigger for turning on with lock and door open is functioning fine. I suspect at the Inspection II the tech caused something to be disconnected.

2012 BMW 135i M Sport (Black)
Carrera 911 Guards Red (Garage Queen)
2003.5 BMW Dinan M3 (Black)-Sold
2002 BMW Dinan 330Ci (Steel Gray) - Sold
PDACPA is offline   Reply With Quote