Lont trip coming up, need advise. - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Bookedup

My Ride: 06 M3 Imola Red
Lont trip coming up, need advise.

Getting ready to hit the road for a 500 mile trip, the trunk will be full of suitcases, ect. Has anyone had any experience with their base speaker (in the center of the rear seat) performing poorly, as a result? It seems the speaker faces out into the trunk cavity and if the air flow of it is blocked with luggage, sound quality would suffer. I'm thinking if removing the center back seat peice that sits over top the ski bag, anyone have any experience with this? Would it even make a difference or is it a complete waste of time? Thanks in advance,

Rob
Bookedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
egk2

My Ride: is Alpine Weiss...
Sorry this made me laugh, gotta have that bass huh?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
egk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Forged328

My Ride: E46 M3
Haha! any type of maintenance questions? That's what I was expecting..
Forged328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
z00
Banned User

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I would worry about fluids, tires, etc... and not the bass.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
Bookedup

My Ride: 06 M3 Imola Red
z00,
Got all those items covered. Car was fully serviced at the stealers just yesterday (in addition to adding Dinan Stage II software) but i gotta have my tunes and they have to have the appropriate thump. Thanks for the response.
Bookedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
ZZROCOOL

My Ride: 06 M3 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookedup View Post
z00,
Got all those items covered. Car was fully serviced at the stealers just yesterday (in addition to adding Dinan Stage II software) but i gotta have my tunes and they have to have the appropriate thump. Thanks for the response.
first off the stock sub doesn't offer much thump!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact it pretty much sucks.
Regardless that this might take the cake of the biggest waste of time thread. I'll respond anyway cause i'm addicted.

the answer to you question is it depends on a number of factors
if you have lots of soft stuff it will probably absorb most of your bass wave and kill your base.

if you have hard stuff you will get doubling at certain frequencies and cancelation at others which usually means it will sound boomy and disjointed.

Lastly since the woofer in the m3 sucks so you will not notice any thing at all
ZZROCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
e46jan

My Ride: 02 E46 ///M3 6MT
+1 lol
e46jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
M3 4 DW

My Ride: M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZROCOOL View Post
first off the stock sub doesn't offer much thump!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact it pretty much sucks.
Regardless that this might take the cake of the biggest waste of time thread. I'll respond anyway cause i'm addicted.

if you have lots of soft stuff it will probably absorb most of your bass wave and kill your base.

if you have hard stuff you will get doubling at certain frequencies and cancelation at others which usually means it will sound boomy and disjointed.

+1

Factory sub sucks.. The factory 8" Bose in my old Acura TL put out some great bass. Factory system in the TL was much better than my HK in my M3.

Dustin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M3 SMG *Nav *ACS Front Lip *Carbon Fiber Emblems *Clear Bumper Reflectors *K&N Drop In *RPI Scoops *Matte Black Side Gills *Matte Black Front Grills *LED Interior kit *Shark Tune *8000k Fogs *Factory 19's on 245/35 - 285/30's
M3 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #9
adamdifilippo

My Ride: The M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZROCOOL View Post

+1. I have never heard the factory sub in the M3. But the subs I had in my 5series before, when I was moving and had some stuff in there, the bass was significantly diminished. Chances are, it's gonna be soft stuff. And therefore, just absorb everything.
adamdifilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #10
PDACPA

My Ride: 03 Dinan M3
I was hoping for a maintenance thread as I too have a longer trip coming up. Sending to the dealer next week for an inspection 2

2012 BMW 135i M Sport (Black)
Carrera 911 Guards Red (Garage Queen)
2003.5 BMW Dinan M3 (Black)-Sold
2002 BMW Dinan 330Ci (Steel Gray) - Sold
PDACPA is offline   Reply With Quote