E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  das_autobahn 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#43,601 ·
Steering wheel trim refresh.... sanded off soft touch on bottom part, 800 grit, then 1000, then 1500 rattle can Krylon black satin with matte clear, 3M rubbing compound to smooth out and dull the finish. Left ///M emblem on, covered with painters tape.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Looks great. Does it look as good in person as it does in the photo?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

#43,604 ·
Just installed a DIY clutch stop. Shifts are so much more crisp and quicker without the dead zone. Best 7 bucks ive spent in a long time but the rubber piece I stuck on at the end is total crap, the adhesive just crumbles. Had to hot glue it on.

I assume no risks of synchro damage? Starter and cruise control work just fine with the stop, I recommend anyone with free time because of the virus to do this mod.
When I had this shifts when cold were just slightly notchier, and my bimmer mechanic recommended that I not use it, so I stopped. At the time, I did like how it felt though.

#43,605 · (Edited)
installed Bi-Xenons HID with dual angel eyes (wht/blu) awhile back. i wanted the wht/red (demon eyes) but it was out of stock. the angel eyes are synched with the remote as you can see in the video.

whatu guys think...too millenial ?
that's illegal in north america yes? here in manila we can do just about anything with our rides cops dont give a shet hahaha

ps: cant upload videos so i just uploaded pics :)

Attachments

#43,614 ·
Intake Manifold part 1 - removal - done
Engine Cleaning - in progress
IM Cleaning - in progress with Super Clean

Clean Throttle Body, ICV, etc - PENDING
Replace all hard/soft/sensors/hoses - PENDING
Replace all o-rings, clean injectors - PENDING
Reinstall IM - PENDING

Long weekend ahead of me...

Attachments

#43,616 ·
Not mine, but helped a friend change out the left rear axle on his 219K 2002 330xi. Managed to do it without dropping the exhaust or sway bar. Disconnected both control arms from the trailing arm and used a ratchet strap to pull it out far enough to clear the spines. The replacement went in easier than the old one came out. The camber is off but we marked it and got as close as we could considering the tang on the eccentric washer broke off. The axle came out of an 02 very, fit perfectly. Not bad for $40.

#43,618 ·
Looks great. Does it look as good in person as it does in the photo?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I think it does, it took me a few times to get it right, I am a perfectionist when it comes to this car. But, my Pixel does have a really good camera :)