iGO Primo Issues/Tweaks/Systxt thread - Page 28 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 268 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #541
bin01123

My Ride: 2001 540i
I'm running Igo primo on my Dynavin unit and I can't seem to get the poi to work. I download the premium poi and placed them in the poi folder but poi don't show up on the unit. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Sent from my Nexus One using Bimmer App
bin01123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #542
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
New download link for Primo 1.2

**Updated Fileserve download link**

I've re-uploaded Primo 1.2 with the file name Engage.zip
Go to post #424 for new Fileserve download link.

Last edited by Darkoz; 04-24-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #543
mc4ren

My Ride: E46 320D
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway View Post
iGO8 was definitely a bit faster. It sounds like you're doing everything to make this run as smoothly as possible. I'm not personally running petrut's patch, but still running a version of GAPI. It is incrementally increasing speed.

There is nothing to speed up the load time that I know of. Go back to iGO8?

If I am in the startup screen with the options of going to the map, find, more, etc..., the mini map is going at about 10fps or so. Once I am in the regular map view, I get roughly 0.5-2fps. I think this is acceptable. This is an underpowered device, for sure, but it is definitely enough. Remember that in-car devices are generally slower than in-home applications because they need to be reliable enough to stand the bumps and bruises of suspension. Car PC guys might balk at me for this, but this is just generally what I find.

As I said earlier, try messing around with friends' OEM nav systems even in newer cars. They are pretty much on par or slower than what the DVN offers. Even Porsche's nav interface sucks a big fat one.
After a week long holiday, I found an interesting thing: the speed deficit came from a slow microSD card. I have a 8 GB microSD which even in a PC card reader is giving very low read values. When I used a 2 GB microSD, suddenly speed improved greatly (now it's 2-3 fps). I only tested with TomTom, but now that I'm back home I can't wait to try with iGo Primo.

I'll tell you what happens!
mc4ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #544
uncompiled

My Ride: G37xS & 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4ren View Post
After a week long holiday, I found an interesting thing: the speed deficit came from a slow microSD card. I have a 8 GB microSD which even in a PC card reader is giving very low read values. When I used a 2 GB microSD, suddenly speed improved greatly (now it's 2-3 fps). I only tested with TomTom, but now that I'm back home I can't wait to try with iGo Primo.

I'll tell you what happens!
Does anyone get the "not found navigation software" message occasionally when they hit the NAVI button? Occasionally, mine does this, but all I have to do is touch the screen and it loads. After hearing about a "slow microSD" card, I'm wondering if my microSD might be wonky. I just wonder why it happens intermittently.

UPDATE: It was the microSD card. I was using an 8GB microSD, but I replaced it with a different card and now it works like it's supposed to.

Last edited by uncompiled; 05-03-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Updated info.
uncompiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #545
Artful Codger

My Ride: 2002 330ci Cabriolet
OK so I've downloaded the engage.zip file after searching the Australian thread and finding the Aus file link doesn't exist anymore. I should have realised given Darkoz first post is now just a couple of lines of dots........... .......

Is it normal that there in fact isn't an iGo Primo folder in the .zip file now just all the files/folders etc that go to make up the 'iGo Primo' folder? So all that needs to be done is to copy the engage.zip contents to the igo primo folder on the sd card? ... or has the download in fact failed...zip file opens ok and all seems fine with the files.

I have read this whole thread and both Dynavin ones as well...anything else here before I start on the mobilepassion ones...lol

...In fact it looks like some bits are missing...ie no content folder or any folders actually...took three hours to dl too.

OMG I thought I knew PCs...I extracted and it all ended up in the correct place...my bad...just didn't notice the imbedded folder structure in the zip file...sorry...and thanks again Darkoz...

Last edited by Artful Codger; 04-27-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Artful Codger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #546
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Codger View Post
OK so I've downloaded the engage.zip file after searching the Australian thread and finding the Aus file link doesn't exist anymore. I should have realised given Darkoz first post is now just a couple of lines of dots........... .......

Is it normal that there in fact isn't an iGo Primo folder in the .zip file now just all the files/folders etc that go to make up the 'iGo Primo' folder? So all that needs to be done is to copy the engage.zip contents to the igo primo folder on the sd card? ... or has the download in fact failed...zip file opens ok and all seems fine with the files.

I have read this whole thread and both Dynavin ones as well...anything else here before I start on the mobilepassion ones...lol

...In fact it looks like some bits are missing...ie no content folder or any folders actually...took three hours to dl too.

OMG I thought I knew PCs...I extracted and it all ended up in the correct place...my bad...just didn't notice the imbedded folder structure in the zip file...sorry...and thanks again Darkoz...
Come on Codger, it's the 21st century for God's sake and everyone should know at least how to unzip/extract a zip file
You're welcom mate.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #547
Artful Codger

My Ride: 2002 330ci Cabriolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Come on Codger, it's the 21st century for God's sake and everyone should know at least how to unzip/extract a zip file
You're welcom mate.
Yes hence my disgust with myself...look before you... write rubbish in a forum...
Artful Codger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #548
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Codger View Post
Yes hence my disgust with myself...look before you... write rubbish in a forum...
Haha, don't feel so bad, I write rubbish all the time
Regarding the Primo link in the Australian Forum, I've been having issues with the hosting site deleting the upload but am currently uploading again to another hosting site and it'll be available again for download in an hour or so

Last edited by Darkoz; 04-28-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #549
antoniostarr

My Ride: 2002 325Ci
Noob dynavin head here.....The link in post #424 for the USA maps is no longer working. Files have been deleted. Anyone have alternate links for the files?
antoniostarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #550
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniostarr View Post
Noob dynavin head here.....The link in post #424 for the USA maps is no longer working. Files have been deleted. Anyone have alternate links for the files?
The site states that dead links are replaced regularly so check again in a day or so
Old 05-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #551
fadeaway

My Ride: 04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncompiled View Post
Does anyone get the "not found navigation software" message occasionally when they hit the NAVI button? Occasionally, mine does this, but all I have to do is touch the screen and it loads. After hearing about a "slow microSD" card, I'm wondering if my microSD might be wonky. I just wonder why it happens intermittently.

UPDATE: It was the microSD card. I was using an 8GB microSD, but I replaced it with a different card and now it works like it's supposed to.
Forgot about that issue. Mostly since I've never had it. Glad to hear you got it working better.
fadeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #552
antoniostarr

Another location for Igo maps *working!!*

I found the maps on this Russian website (I used Babel Fish to translate it). I like the fact that I can hand pick which states to download and the server is MUCh faster.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate
Old 05-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #553
Darkoz

US maps download in post #424 seems to be back online now
Old 05-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #554
antoniostarr

Darkoz the map files have the .poi files in the rar file. Do I copy those to the map folder as well or move to POI folder?\\

DISREGARD: I seen the answer in one of you older post. I went ahead and sprung for Fileserve subscription to get all maps and .dems out of the way tonight.

Last edited by antoniostarr; 05-05-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #555
2000_328CI

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send out another two 4 gig SD cards today pre-loaded with iGo8.3, iGoPrimo, and Wolf. If you would like a pre formatted card that is plug and play and will update your navigation system, just shoot me a pm

| 435 HP 328Ci | RRT Racing | Designer Wraps | Active Autowerke | Vorsteiner | STATUS Racing |
Timeless Motor Group
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #556
antoniostarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt1436 View Post
Does anyone (in North America) have the internet traffic information working yet on Primo 1.2? I installed Petrut's wifi patch over the weekend and added the appropriate lines to my sys.txt

[network]
Available=1

and the traffic icon showed up on my screen, but so far whenever I click on the icon it shows there are no traffic events - something that is pretty much unheard of in my area. I really don't know if it's working or not.

On the plus side -- Google search from within Primo 1.2 does work at least sometimes. One time it gave me an "Out of memory" error and closed Primo. Another time it worked fine, found the location I was searching for and routed me there. It's a nice feature, and ensures you have the most up to date information, but I would rather have online traffic working.

Just FYI.
John
I'm with you John. Online traffic screen is opening fine but I don't think it's access the net via the wifipatch. I would think there would be a setting to point it to the active Internet connection....
Old 05-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #557
johnt1436

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniostarr View Post
I'm with you John. Online traffic screen is opening fine but I don't think it's access the net via the wifipatch. I would think there would be a setting to point it to the active Internet connection....
Well, since Google Search works fine from within Primo, it seems the program already knows how to access the internet. It just doesn't access traffic information. Pity.

If anyone does get it working though (in the US), I'll buy you a six pack of Yuengling if you share the info!

John

2001 M3 Convertible, Carbon Black - Daily Driver
2007 328i Convertible, Atlantic Blue - Wife's car
2003 X5 4.4i - Grocery-getter
johnt1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #558
chazstace

My Ride: E46 328i SE
Guys you may be better off contacting naviextras.com, they list TMC for europe, but nothing for USA

Last edited by chazstace; 05-10-2011 at 04:45 PM.
chazstace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #559
johnt1436

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazstace View Post
You mean you want this...

I hate you. (just kidding)

I have that same screen, but all the numbers are zero all the time.
So care to tell me how you did it?

John

2001 M3 Convertible, Carbon Black - Daily Driver
2007 328i Convertible, Atlantic Blue - Wife's car
2003 X5 4.4i - Grocery-getter
johnt1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #560
chazstace

My Ride: E46 328i SE

Last edited by chazstace; 05-10-2011 at 04:44 PM.
chazstace is offline   Reply With Quote