iGO Primo Issues/Tweaks/Systxt thread - Page 27 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 268 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #521
m3collins

My Ride: 2002 Carbon Black M3
Does the sys.txt file have anything to do with touchscreen calibration? I have a unit now that is calibrated perfectly on radio/DVD/etc but in the GPS mode the screen calibrations are all off. They were spot on with the OEM navi but I'm trying to load Primo on it. It uses Win CE 5.0. Primo will load and default to the settings but the calibration of the touchscreen is so off I can't do anything.
m3collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #522
Ivanhoe

My Ride: BMW 330 xi 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe View Post
I am having the same problem as Dane, but not only with the colors map, with all the other settings, voices, etc.

I saw the solution give by Darkoz Post # 418 to the night scheme, what we can do for the rest of the settings ?

Thanks for your help
Any ideas on this ?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #523
johnt1436

My Ride: M3
Does anyone (in North America) have the internet traffic information working yet on Primo 1.2? I installed Petrut's wifi patch over the weekend and added the appropriate lines to my sys.txt

[network]
Available=1

and the traffic icon showed up on my screen, but so far whenever I click on the icon it shows there are no traffic events - something that is pretty much unheard of in my area. I really don't know if it's working or not.

On the plus side -- Google search from within Primo 1.2 does work at least sometimes. One time it gave me an "Out of memory" error and closed Primo. Another time it worked fine, found the location I was searching for and routed me there. It's a nice feature, and ensures you have the most up to date information, but I would rather have online traffic working.

Just FYI.
John

2001 M3 Convertible, Carbon Black - Daily Driver
2007 328i Convertible, Atlantic Blue - Wife's car
2003 X5 4.4i - Grocery-getter
johnt1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #524
UKShark

My Ride: 320d es
Dunno if anyone has had the same problem, Ive read through the Forum. Im using a Windows PC and used the link from Dark for the new Primo, but all i get when I select it from the menu is an out of memory error.

Any ideas?

Last edited by UKShark; 04-12-2011 at 10:35 AM.
UKShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #525
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKShark View Post
Dunno if anyone has had the same problem, Ive read through the Forum. Im using a Windows PC and used the link from Dark for the new Primo, but all i get when I select it from the menu is an out of memory error.

Any ideas?
How much space do you have on your SD card? if there's not enough it will cause the out of memory error.
Try a higher capacity SD card.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #526
mc4ren

My Ride: E46 320D
Am I the only one who thinks that iGo Primo 1.2 is running damn slow in the Dynavin? Mine is V5, I've tried to disable 3D view, overspeed warnings... but it's still superslow. I don't know what's wrong, but it's about 0,5 FPS. Useless and disapointing
mc4ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #527
fadeaway

My Ride: 04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4ren View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that iGo Primo 1.2 is running damn slow in the Dynavin? Mine is V5, I've tried to disable 3D view, overspeed warnings... but it's still superslow. I don't know what's wrong, but it's about 0,5 FPS. Useless and disapointing
I felt the same until I jumped into a friend's G37s. Remember, this is not an iPhone. Look at a Garmin Nuvi or pretty much anyone else's in car nav and you will start becoming more and more happy with this setup.

1) Are you running wolfncu or something else that might be hogging cycles on the NAV side processor? This will definitely slow it down.

2) If not, try figuring out how to run GAPI. (This is a minor speed improvement at best)

3) If that still isn't up to par for you, turn off excess pop-up bubbles. That seems to be what was slowing mine down for a while. I wanted to know where each coffee shop, gas station, airport, theatre, etc... was at the same time but that was making it WAY too slow.

Last edited by fadeaway; 04-13-2011 at 12:27 PM.
fadeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #528
illogik

My Ride: 325i, A3
1.2 is running nice and smooth on my V5. As fadeaway mentioned, try disabling wolfncu if you are running it (that's a hog on the GPS CPU).
illogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #529
mc4ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway View Post
I felt the same until I jumped into a friend's G37s. Remember, this is not an iPhone. Look at a Garmin Nuvi or pretty much anyone else's in car nav and you will start becoming more and more happy with this setup.

1) Are you running wolfncu or something else that might be hogging cycles on the NAV side processor? This will definitely slow it down.

2) If not, try figuring out how to run GAPI. (This is a minor speed improvement at best)

3) If that still isn't up to par for you, turn off excess pop-up bubbles. That seems to be what was slowing mine down for a while. I wanted to know where each coffee shop, gas station, airport, theatre, etc... was at the same time but that was making it WAY too slow.
1) I run the iPhone looking shell, is that the wolfncu? I will close it and try again!
2) I already run GAPI, even if every time I get a "you may have problems at 800x480 res" warning
3) At first I'll try to keep them, I hope disabling the iPhone Today skin will be enough!
Thank you all
Old 04-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #530
Sinboo50

My Ride: BMW X5
Quote:
1) I run the iPhone looking shell, is that the wolfncu? I will close it and try again!
2) I already run GAPI, even if every time I get a "you may have problems at 800x480 res" warning
3) At first I'll try to keep them, I hope disabling the iPhone Today skin will be enough!
Thank you all
Sounds like are running the WINCE Patch? Try loading Primo 1.2 directly instead of the Desktop. I get similar results if I load the patch because there is not much memory to play with.
Sinboo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #531
mc4ren

Yes, I'm running WinCE Patch. I did what you said, running directly from the Navi shortcut. It improved a bit, but unfortunately, I can't make it work fluently. It's strange, because IGO was running fine. Even loading time is quite long, more than 20 seconds.
@ilogik: I envy you! Should I give up? Noooo, please help me! What if I record a video to show it better?
Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #532
Sinboo50

Quote:
Yes, I'm running WinCE Patch. I did what you said, running directly from the Navi shortcut.
Navi shortcut?... On WINCE? Are you still running patch.. just not iPhone menu? If so change setting in Nav Menu to go directly to Primo 1.2 and don't load wince patch.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #533
mc4ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinboo50 View Post
Navi shortcut?... On WINCE? Are you still running patch.. just not iPhone menu? If so change setting in Nav Menu to go directly to Primo 1.2 and don't load wince patch.
Actually that's what I meant: in the Nav Menu I wrote Primo's path so that it would directly load it. Still not a great improvement
Old 04-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #534
Sinboo50

Quote:
Actually that's what I meant: in the Nav Menu I wrote Primo's path so that it would directly load it. Still not a great improvement
I would look at your sys.txt to make sure it is not loading unnecessary resources... go back to basic. Also see other threads about save folder if that does not work. - I have V5 and running smooth as silk so it will work.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #535
mc4ren

My sys.txt is almost empty... I read it was better not to change anything, and it's as is. I used Zokrad's ZIP and added some maps. That's it... Still you are the lucky!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #536
fadeaway

My Ride: 04 330Ci
Quote:
My sys.txt is almost empty... I read it was better not to change anything, and it's as is. I used Zokrad's ZIP and added some maps. That's it... Still you are the lucky!
iGO8 was definitely a bit faster. It sounds like you're doing everything to make this run as smoothly as possible. I'm not personally running petrut's patch, but still running a version of GAPI. It is incrementally increasing speed.

There is nothing to speed up the load time that I know of. Go back to iGO8?

If I am in the startup screen with the options of going to the map, find, more, etc..., the mini map is going at about 10fps or so. Once I am in the regular map view, I get roughly 0.5-2fps. I think this is acceptable. This is an underpowered device, for sure, but it is definitely enough. Remember that in-car devices are generally slower than in-home applications because they need to be reliable enough to stand the bumps and bruises of suspension. Car PC guys might balk at me for this, but this is just generally what I find.

As I said earlier, try messing around with friends' OEM nav systems even in newer cars. They are pretty much on par or slower than what the DVN offers. Even Porsche's nav interface sucks a big fat one.
fadeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #537
PreppyR6

My Ride: shines like justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsauvage View Post
Runs fine until it tries to load the map then it crashes and asks for missing maps.
Where can I get them please ?
Same here, but Im not missing those maps

Argh, anyone have any idea whats up with crashing as a result of installing the new GJ skin? I keep crashing at startup telling me Im missing a map file but I have them all.

Last edited by PreppyR6; 04-14-2011 at 01:10 PM.
PreppyR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #538
Shade00

My Ride: 03 325Ci
Darkoz, thanks for the terrific work. It's a shame we can't get a solid upload here. I am trying to download the torrent but no one's seeding it. :-(
Shade00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:26 AM   #539
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade00 View Post
Darkoz, thanks for the terrific work. It's a shame we can't get a solid upload here. I am trying to download the torrent but no one's seeding it. :-(
Thanks Shade00
I'll try uploading the Primo 1.2 one more time on another file hosting site rather than a torrent.
The problem with Torrents is that it's no use if no-one else is seeding it.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #540
TXS2000

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
Any word on finding a new upload site? I've been wanting to try Primo 1.2.
TXS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote