iGO Primo Issues/Tweaks/Systxt thread - Page 22 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 268 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #421
BMW Loe

My Ride: is dirty
File has been deleted and/or restricted...looks like I was too late to get primo 1.2 =(
03 330Ci sold
BMW Loe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #422
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Loe View Post
File has been deleted and/or restricted...looks like I was too late to get primo 1.2 =(
Yeah I just checked and FileFactory have deleted Primo 1.2 and the US maps but they left the link to Primo 1.1 which has been there for months, weird.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #423
steve174

My Ride: BMW 528 & 650 Cvt
I've been using Primo 1.2 all week and it has been great. The US voices work now and the screen sharpness is excellent.

Thanks so much Darkoz! I hope others will be able to get this upgrade soon.

Steve
steve174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #424
Darkoz

New download link for Primo 1.2

**Updated download link**

I've re-uploaded Primo 1.2 with the file name Engage.zip, get it while it's hot.

This is the new Primo 1.2 with native 800x480 resolution
Includes the North America 3d buildings, dem, phoneme, poi, speedcam files etc.
Also includes TTS PRO voices (announces street names etc.).......AUS Karen - UK Serena - US Jill - US Samantha

Download links -
Download and unzip the Engage.zip file and copy the iGO Primo folder onto your SD card.........

Fileserve download......http://www.fileserve.com/file/x98tPjN/Engage.zip

Torrent download (thanks to forum member loginfailed).......http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6292481/Zokrad.zip

You only need to add the USA map files.
The map files from Primo 1.1 will still work or download link below for maps
Copy the map files to the iGO Primo/content/map folder
Maps download.......http://www.igo-maps.info/nac.php

Note:
- This info was gathered from a couple of sites, http://www.mobilepassion.org/viewfor...f895676799ea15 and http://fixmygps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16 so I've just put it all togther for you and made it available for download.

- Custom skins, mapchangers and hacks etc. made for Primo 1.1 will not work with the new Primo 1.2.

- I recommend you not use any sys.txt file from any previous version of Primo, especially if you have custom entries related to any mods, custom skins or hacks as it most likely will not work with Primo 1.2.

- Only use the sys.txt included in this download and do not modify it unless you know exactly what you're doing and are sure it will work with Primo 1.2.

- The included TTS voice files had to be slightly modified to work with Primo 1.2, so if you add any other unmodified previous TTS voices they may not work.

- This will of course work for any country, you just need to copy the files from your particular region to the corresponding folders in the content folder.

That's enough disclaimers from me, enjoy.

Last edited by Darkoz; 04-25-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #425
Hedges

My Ride: C63 AMG
siiiick! I just bought the Dynavin unit so this will be very handy
Old 03-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #426
BMW Loe

Downloaded! I'm running into an issue though. I've ran into the same issue with Primo 1.1 and reloading it back into the card/usb drive normally corrects the problem

In the data fields on the non-route mode, It'll only display one field and it's usually the one thats highlighed in the menu that allows you to select what you want displayed (clock, altitude, compass ect ect). I've tried reloading v1.2 on the drive again but it won't display more than one data field at a time. Can you assist with the issue?

Also awaiting your updates on sys.txt The TTS again is drowned out by music from any source
03 330Ci sold

Last edited by BMW Loe; 03-19-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #427
mark2727

My Ride: 2001 BMW M3 Vert
iGO Primo 1.2 real time traffic?

From an internet blurb on iGO Primo 1.2's feature set:
"Connected services: real-time information
Routing and guidance can be optimized through live services on a navigation device via mobile network connections or embedded SIM cards. Google's local search function integrated in iGO primo® 1.2 looks up POIs online, based on the given location. Online Traffic delivers real-time traffic information, calculating the route by avoiding crowded road segments. Speed camera data is available online from classic data providers as well as from peer Alert Point Community members that report mobile cameras as they spot them on their way."

Has anyone tried this and gotten it to work on an internet-connected Dynavin? Very cool.
mark2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #428
Sinboo50

My Ride: BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2727 View Post
iGO Primo 1.2 real time traffic?

From an internet blurb on iGO Primo 1.2's feature set:
"Connected services: real-time information
Routing and guidance can be optimized through live services on a navigation device via mobile network connections or embedded SIM cards. Google's local search function integrated in iGO primo® 1.2 looks up POIs online, based on the given location. Online Traffic delivers real-time traffic information, calculating the route by avoiding crowded road segments. Speed camera data is available online from classic data providers as well as from peer Alert Point Community members that report mobile cameras as they spot them on their way."

Has anyone tried this and gotten it to work on an internet-connected Dynavin? Very cool.
You need the ability to connect internet to the device.
I was able to get "Google Local Search" to work using the wifi hack...
Sinboo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #429
mark2727

My Ride: 2001 BMW M3 Vert
Let me know if you or anyone else gets the real time traffic part working; that would surely get me to buy the wifi hack.
mark2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #430
Darkoz

Quote:
.......... In the data fields on the non-route mode, It'll only display one field and it's usually the one thats highlighed in the menu that allows you to select what you want displayed (clock, altitude, compass ect ect). I've tried reloading v1.2 on the drive again but it won't display more than one data field at a time. Can you assist with the issue?
Just to confirm, when you're in the map screen where the data fileld is shown on the bottom right of the screen, if you tap that it will expand into 3 different fields, is that what you mean?

Quote:
Also awaiting your updates on sys.txt The TTS again is drowned out by music from any source
For louder nav voice, copy and paste this into your sys.txt file......

[dynamiccompressor]
compressor=1
a0=56806
thrs=24703
ratio=8 ;higher number = louder nav voice
gain=10 ;higher number = louder nav voice
Old 03-20-2011, 12:04 AM   #431
BMW Loe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Just to confirm, when you're in the map screen where the data fileld is shown on the bottom right of the screen, if you tap that it will expand into 3 different fields, is that what you mean?

For louder nav voice, copy and paste this into your sys.txt file......

[dynamiccompressor]
compressor=1
a0=56806
thrs=24703
ratio=8 ;higher number = louder nav voice
gain=10 ;higher number = louder nav voice

Thanks, I've been so used to the diMKa skin that I forgot about the tap function from the basic skin. I didn't want to mess with the sys.txt yet until I got your ok on the dynamiccompressor script. I ended up just discovering that the "LOUD" feature actually quiets down the music per volume # while making the sound more full with the bass at "0" and treble at "5" and all the while making the TTS louder per volume # without having to add any extra sys.txt scripts
03 330Ci sold

Last edited by BMW Loe; 03-20-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:05 AM   #432
Darkoz

Quote:
Thanks, I've been so used to the diMKa skin that I forgot about the tap function from the basic skin. I didn't want to mess with the sys.txt yet until I got your ok on the dynamiccompressor script. I ended up just discovering that the "LOUD" feature actually quiets down the music per volume # while making the sound more full with the bass at "0" and treble at "5" and all the while making the TTS louder per volume # without having to add any extra sys.txt scripts
Glad it's sorted, most times it's just something simple.
I actually don't use that sound entry in the sys.txt as I find that although it does make the voice volume a bit louder it also makes it a bit more muffled, at least to my ears anyway.
And since I don't have an external Amp or Subwoofer I've always had the Loud feature turned ON in the Dynavin settings, without it everything sounds too tinny so my next project will be installing a 4 channel Amp to get more out of my speakers.

Last edited by Darkoz; 03-20-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #433
Sinboo50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2727 View Post
Let me know if you or anyone else gets the real time traffic part working; that would surely get me to buy the wifi hack.
In Settings there is a box to check for Online Traffic. I don't live in a very populated area, but will give it a go when I get to Denver next time. Concerning the wifi hack, the biggest drawback is that right now you need to manually select the ssid with every start up... It is being worked on but for now that's the way it is, so be advised before you jump.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #434
Sinboo50

Darkoz - How did you get Capture to display in 1.2?

Never mind.. got it. Had to add back in exit=1 & minimize-=1 to show the menu.

Last edited by Sinboo50; 03-20-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #435
Sinboo50

Once "Online Traffic" is enabled you will see the icon on the right below quick menu. I am now running into an issue with an out of memory error when I run with wifi patch... stay tuned. Working on it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ffscreen_00002.jpg
Views:	1795
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	397431  
Old 03-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #436
BMW Loe

Darkos would my selected Scheme's save if I create a save folder /igo1.2/saved ? It always defaults to default night/day after I shut off the unit.

NEVERMIND just looked back in the last page

Last edited by BMW Loe; 03-20-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #437
johnt1436

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinboo50 View Post
Once "Online Traffic" is enabled you will see the icon on the right below quick menu. I am now running into an issue with an out of memory error when I run with wifi patch... stay tuned. Working on it...
Sinboo,

Please keep us posted. If realtime traffic works, I'll definitely spring for the wifi patch finally.

Thanks.

John

2001 M3 Convertible, Carbon Black - Daily Driver
2007 328i Convertible, Atlantic Blue - Wife's car
2003 X5 4.4i - Grocery-getter
johnt1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #438
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinboo50 View Post
Darkoz - How did you get Capture to display in 1.2?

Never mind.. got it. Had to add back in exit=1 & minimize-=1 to show the menu.
To get the extra settings to show you need to add this to the sys.txt file......

[interface]
extra_settings=1
Old 03-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #439
Sinboo50

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt1436 View Post
Sinboo,

Please keep us posted. If realtime traffic works, I'll definitely spring for the wifi patch finally.

Thanks.

John
Petrut is updating files so I would wait until that hits and has been tested... memory currently is an issue for me as well.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #440
Sinboo50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
To get the extra settings to show you need to add this to the sys.txt file......

[interface]
extra_settings=1
Thanks Darkoz... found it.