Condensation in my tailpipe - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2019, 11:35 AM   #1
Hoebama

My Ride: e46
Condensation in my tailpipe

Is condensation ie water dripping in my tailpipe, a good sign of a healthy engine or bad. What causes it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hoebama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
RayLivingston

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoebama View Post
Is condensation ie water dripping in my tailpipe, a good sign of a healthy engine or bad. What causes it?
Running ANY internal combustion engine causes it....

Regards,
Ray L.
RayLivingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:30 PM   #3
BaliDawg
Here to serve y’all

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoebama View Post
Dude, seriously, Google something before posting such a simple question.
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=condensation+in+tailpipe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BaliDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2019, 12:36 PM   #4
gmtmaster

My Ride: 2004 330ci
You are leaking race car gas from your race car. It's manly to drive a race car, Chicks dig that, big mufflers and modified VANOS.

Last edited by gmtmaster; 07-30-2019 at 12:37 PM.
gmtmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:07 PM   #5
Mango

My Ride: Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayLivingston View Post
Running ANY internal combustion engine causes it....

Regards,
Ray L.
Toyota Camrys don't. I knnow this because my friend's uncles aunt had one in the 90s. No condensation. ever.

Some of you are new here or don't pay attention much... but you guys don't know the history of the OP's posts here, do you... lol. if only you knew.

do you guys even read user names before typing serious replies to posts? you'd think the name alone would give it away...

|
|
|

-
-
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:40 AM   #6
CylonRed

My Ride: '01 E46 330i sport
Quote:
Toyota Camrys don't. I knnow this because my friend's uncles aunt had one in the 90s. No condensation. ever.
A byproduct of combustion is water - no way to get around actual, natural byproduct of a process. Because you did not see it does not mean it is not there.
CylonRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:52 AM   #7
shanneba

My Ride: 2003 330Ci
The typical result of mixing Nitrogen, oxygen, helium, argon, carbon dioxide, neon. methane and krypton (air) and Hydogen and carbon (gasoline) by a spark ignition produces about 13% H2O from the reaction.

Discounts on new and CPO cars.
Most Dealers offer a parts discount
shanneba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:53 AM   #8
///Mark_D

My Ride: 04 325i & 02 325iT
Look, man, I ain't fallin' for no thread about condensation in my tailpipe!

Last edited by ///Mark_D; 07-31-2019 at 10:10 AM.
///Mark_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:46 PM   #9

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post

They must be those cars I heard of that suck all the water out of the atmosphere as it enter the intake. Even in the winter when it's pi55ing down with rain. Pretty clever that. I wonder where it goes.
74123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:49 PM   #10

Two H's and an O = H2O. You can't escape it guys. It's EVERYWHERE!!!! (Even in Toyotas)
Old 07-31-2019, 03:51 PM   #11
Alex323Ci
OEM ///PLUS

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:

Some of you are new here or don't pay attention much... but you guys don't know the history of the OP's posts here, do you... lol. if only you knew.
do you guys even read user names before typing serious replies to posts? you'd think the name alone would give it away...
agreed, has always been a troll. or he’s just that clueless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonRed View Post
A byproduct of combustion is water - no way to get around actual, natural byproduct of a process. Because you did not see it does not mean it is not there.
umm he was joking about “his friend’s uncle’s aunt” car in the 90’s.

OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL RACK - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAV- BMWP CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC S/S LINES, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post

I've seen some pretty remarkable questions and comments on here from members that weren't trolling. So not quite sure how you are supposed to discern. The one that sticks in my mind was the guy who claimed that driving around in 2nd/3rd gear all the time had no impact on fuel consumption.

Some people are actually clueless. Doesn't mean they can't ask questions though.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #13
Mango

Alex,^ lol. i'm either really ultra serious or really sarcastic and jokey. People can't tell sometimes I guess..

|
|
|

-
-

Last edited by Mango; 08-01-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #14
jaga

My Ride: 2002 325i
Year: 2002
Model: 325i
Transmission: Automatic
Quote:

Alex
What happen to the picture at your signature? it is Fuzzy on my end!

E-FortySicks
jaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Alex,^ lol. i'm either really ultra serious or really sarcastic and jokey. People can't tell sometimes I guess..
The guy I refered to in my response to Alex was serious. I have to admit that my initial response to his comment was bewilderment. It was SO dumb I didn't think he could be being serious. But he made quite an issue out of when I corrected him as I recall. He was being serious. An awsome level of ignorance that you don't expect to find on a car maintenance forum. So when you make a dumb comment I don't see why I would assume you are not just dumb. It's not in keeping with my experience.

Last edited by RayPooley; 08-01-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #16
Alex323Ci
OEM ///PLUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga View Post
Alex
What happen to the picture at your signature? it is Fuzzy on my end!
hi jaja, PhotoBucket who hosts all my photos is charging again and appears to be blurring my most (viewed) unless i pay.

OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL RACK - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAV- BMWP CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC S/S LINES, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF
Old 08-01-2019, 06:27 PM   #17
Mr Podman

My Ride: E46 Coupe
What sort of change in the combustion chamber would yield vodka out the tailpipe?
Mr Podman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:55 PM   #18
Alex323Ci
OEM ///PLUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Podman View Post
What sort of change in the combustion chamber would yield vodka out the tailpipe?
I heard the ones made in Russia do
Old 08-01-2019, 11:23 PM   #19
Hoebama

My Ride: e46
Quote:
agreed, has always been a troll. or he's just that clueless.
you drive a 323... you're not even in my league to talk smack about cluelessness lmao.

stay on topic and earn some stripes

Hoebama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:18 AM   #20
Mango

Quote:
hi jaja, PhotoBucket who hosts all my photos is charging again and appears to be blurring my most (viewed) unless i pay.
use flickr you poor ***

|
|
|

-
-