e46 330XI control arm and bushings - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
snoopnoon

e46 330XI control arm and bushings

It seems to be that time to replace the CAB on my 02 330XI. After reading all of the various posts about the CAB replacement, it seems the route to go is the mehyl control arm and bushing assymbly with removable ball joints. The price seems very fair. My question is, will these work for my XI? The only thing i could find specifically say XI in the product description is from bimmerworld or bavauto and the price is triple what the mehyl is. AND i would have to press the bushings in myself.

Sombody offer some advice on whether the standard mehyl control arms can fit or what my other options are?
snoopnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
Tele

My Ride: E46 330XIT MTech II
I bought the entire set from turnermotorsport for 660$
And they can pre-install the control arm bushings into new brackets for You, for a few more $ of course
Her is the link:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...I-CONTROL-ARMS
Tele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
botaman

My Ride: 330xi/530 Blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopnoon View Post
It seems to be that time to replace the CAB on my 02 330XI. After reading all of the various posts about the CAB replacement, it seems the route to go is the mehyl control arm and bushing assymbly with removable ball joints. The price seems very fair. My question is, will these work for my XI? The only thing i could find specifically say XI in the product description is from bimmerworld or bavauto and the price is triple what the mehyl is. AND i would have to press the bushings in myself.

Sombody offer some advice on whether the standard mehyl control arms can fit or what my other options are?
Don't buy cheapo stuff, you will be regreted. I think you can just replace the bushings if your ball joints are still good. I went with OEM bushings and very happy with the outcome.
botaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
shadow 2

My Ride: 07 328i
How long would you expect ball joints to last normally? Would be expensive in time and money if you replaced the bushings now and had to replace the ball joints in a few months.
shadow 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
I don;t think Meyle make xi control arms, but I could be wrong.

I thought it was OE or FCP Groton(junk).
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #6
snoopnoon

I has reason to believe that my ball joints are also worn as well. The assembly its loose in a few different places while constraining various spots.

Looks like just under 700$ will need to be coughed up.
snoopnoon is offline   Reply With Quote