ISAless Help - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #21
cwarel

My Ride: 330ci coupe
ive tested it just now , with previous settings car runs , with these 2 settings off it idles 1100-1800 harrassing the fck out of me , when u in gear and u want to slow down like to 1k rpm the car will donkey kick you , so idk what to do , should i keep the old settings or nah ( old settings are not so perfect anyways) car has headers 2 pre cat sensor only
cwarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:33 AM   #22
LKMT

My Ride: N/A
Hi, I'm Tobias who discovered the new ISALess settings. I'm running these settings on a 2000 330i manual with pre cat sensors only and I'm using the 430056 firmware. The idle usually starts around 1000 rpm when I have just started the car but drops down to the set idle speed after a couple of seconds as the engine warms up. Engine braking works for me, but it decelerates more quickly now without the ISA. So I'm sorry to hear that it's not quite working for you. Have you modified your throttle maps in any way? I'm using this throttle map in my car.

You could also try to reset idlespeed adaptations in INPA as I did that everytime I tried a new value for ISALess.

Last edited by LKMT; 07-06-2016 at 03:34 AM.
LKMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:02 AM   #23
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakemountain View Post
Hi, I'm Tobias who discovered the new ISALess settings. I'm running these settings on a 2000 330i manual with pre cat sensors only and I'm using the 430056 firmware. The idle usually starts around 1000 rpm when I have just started the car but drops down to the set idle speed after a couple of seconds as the engine warms up. Engine braking works for me, but it decelerates more quickly now without the ISA. So I'm sorry to hear that it's not quite working for you. Have you modified your throttle maps in any way? I'm using this throttle map in my car.

You could also try to reset idlespeed adaptations in INPA as I did that everytime I tried a new value for ISALess.
Hello Tobi,

thanks for registering I gave your first file a try and it works I needed to press the accelerator pedal to get the engine starting, so we may need to raise throttle angle at engine start. IŽll give your second file a try once the engine is cooled down. IŽll continue searching in the 430066 why its not working as in 430056

No further development on MS4x from me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2016, 04:16 AM   #24
sda2

My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
Daniel, what are the differences between those two files?

Hopefully I find some time during the weekend to try this out!
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:33 AM   #25
daniel_f.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sda2 View Post
Daniel, what are the differences between those two files?

Hopefully I find some time during the weekend to try this out!
ip_isapwm_pvs__pvs__n has been modified.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:52 AM   #26
sda2

Ah okay! I edited my post on page 1 and removed the two other variables to prevent confusion.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:55 AM   #27
LKMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_f. View Post
Hello Tobi,

thanks for registering I gave your first file a try and it works I needed to press the accelerator pedal to get the engine starting, so we may need to raise throttle angle at engine start. IŽll give your second file a try once the engine is cooled down. IŽll continue searching in the 430066 why its not working as in 430056
Good to hear that you got it working on 430056 It's strange that you have to press the accelerator to start the engine as for me everything works like stock.

Did you try to reset idle speed adaptations?

But we probably should use your earlier values for throttle angle at engine start so we don't have to rely on the dme to realise that the ISA valve is gone everytime we need to start the engine

I'm planning to flash a completly stock partial file tonight with just the ISA fault codes suppressed so I know that no other changes I have made is affecting my results.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:11 AM   #28
daniel_f.

Quote:
Good to hear that you got it working on 430056 It's strange that you have to press the accelerator to start the engine as for me everything works like stock.

Did you try to reset idle speed adaptations?

But we probably should use your earlier values for throttle angle at engine start so we don't have to rely on the dme to realise that the ISA valve is gone everytime we need to start the engine

I'm planning to flash a completly stock partial file tonight with just the ISA fault codes suppressed so I know that no other changes I have made is affecting my results.
The second start gave me the same behaviour like you desribed Engine starts fine without any additional pedal angle.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:36 AM   #29
daniel_f.

Quote:
I tried it a few minutes ago and same behaviour as with MS430066... So thereŽs some more to it

Old 07-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #30
LKMT

Quote:
I tried it a few minutes ago and same behaviour as with MS430066... So thereŽs some more to it
That's really strange. Could you try with everything in ip_isapwm_at_tco set to 1.404 and see if that makes a difference.

Last edited by LKMT; 07-06-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:07 AM   #31
daniel_f.

Quote:
That's really strange. Could you try with everything in ip_isapwm_at_tco set to 1.404 and see if that makes a difference.
I did and it has no influence. I also tried the other xy_isapwm_xy map and that has no influence, too.

Back to your file, no error delete and no resetting of adaptations and the engine immediately fired up without any problem.

IŽd like to work all the way through the file change by change. Shall we split it so that not both have all the work?

Old 07-06-2016, 09:21 AM   #32
LKMT

Quote:
IŽd like to work all the way through the file change by change. Shall we split it so that not both have all the work?
Sounds like a plan
Old 07-06-2016, 11:29 AM   #33
daniel_f.

Wiki is no up to date

Old 07-07-2016, 08:46 AM   #34
cwarel

Quote:
Sounds like a plan
If you dont mind would you guys send me the files, i want to try them too
Old 07-07-2016, 08:50 AM   #35
sda2

Just put some effort into this and modify your BIN file yourself.

It is really easy, just look here: http://www.ms43wiki.com/index.php?ti...n_Page#ISAless
Old 07-07-2016, 08:52 AM   #36
cwarel

Im doing it right now , ill report back if it works for my car( also got another problem car wont give spark , i think due to activation cooling map which is thermostat so imma do that first also )
Old 07-07-2016, 09:04 AM   #37
cwarel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sda2 View Post
Just put some effort into this and modify your BIN file yourself.

It is really easy, just look here: http://www.ms43wiki.com/index.php?ti...n_Page#ISAless
Maps I have https://postimg.org/image/sp24evty9/ , mismatch the ones you got guys

My file over here http://speedy.sh/r5nB5/330-tuned-ICV-ON
Caution: file has modified vanos , intake and exhaust warm stage
So anyways im sort of confused , maybe thats why ur car can run , and my isnt
Old 07-07-2016, 09:36 AM   #38
LKMT

I modified your file with the ISALess changes from the wiki.
http://speedy.sh/xcyxc/330-tuned-ISALess.bin

This should hopefully make your car driveable.

There is also more testing still being done on ISALess so more changes could appear on MS43Wiki in the near future.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:48 AM   #39
cwarel

Quote:
I modified your file with the ISALess changes from the wiki.
http://speedy.sh/xcyxc/330-tuned-ISALess.bin

This should hopefully make your car driveable.

There is also more testing still being done on ISALess so more changes could appear on MS43Wiki in the near future.
Tnx , gonna go test it in 10 min , ill report back
Old 07-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #40
daniel_f.

Update at the wiki

Make shure the map ip_tps_sp_pvs looks damn similar to the one in the wiki!

It will hold the throttle open during deceleration to lower vacuum and therefore reduce oil suction through the valve stem seals.

Its also neccessary to do when using overrun pop/bang as otherwise the engine will not get enough air into.

This is a pretty neat find for the upcoming anti-lag implementation

Last edited by daniel_f.; 07-07-2016 at 01:32 PM.