Changing intervals - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2020, 03:35 AM   #1
Filip93

Changing intervals

I was looking on bmw books and repair manuals information's about intervals of changing thins on car so i am asking here to tell me how often i need to change next items on Bmw E46 320d 110kw 2004 diesel, in miles or km:

- Fuel filter
- oil filter breather
- oil
- coolant liquid
- brake liquid
- Air filter for engine
- Air filter for cabin

and i you remember something more that need to be change
Filip93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:09 AM   #2
dmax

My Ride: '16 340i xD 6-spd
Year: 16
Model: 340i
Transmission: 6-spd
There are few here with diesel cars, but I would imagine the intervals for common items are about the same.

Oil? With a proper LL-01 oil you 'can' go up to 15,000 miles. I do that. Most here believe they're treating their car right by changing it more often as in the old days when you did it every 3,000 miles. I believe the average here is probably 5000-7500 miles, but that gets expensive with synthetic oil. Use a good filter. Read up and make your own choice, but it hasn't harmed my car by following bmw's oil change interval (OCI)...I'll get to 386,000 miles today. BUT, diesel specs might be different.

Fuel filter can go 100,000 miles, but I'd change it at least every 3-5 years...again, diesel might be different than petrol.

Coolant every 3 years I believe is what the bmw bottle says.

Brake fluid...they probably say every year, but I doubt many do it more than every few years, if ever.

Air filter should be yearly.

Cabin air filter, yearly as well...or when you feel the blower for heat/AC isn't blowing hard enough.

Transmission can be 100,000 Differential is probably about the same...but check the levels of both if you're seeing either leaking fluid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
See Facebook for upcoming shows...and listen to my podcast!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dmax; 01-17-2020 at 05:14 AM.
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:16 AM   #3
MrMCar

My Ride: E30M3 Track Car
There used to be..... an alternate "Severe Service Schedule" listed deep in the service requirements, and/or it was listed under "Official Vehicles". Can't seem to put my finger on it.
That schedule cut the allowable time/mileage by 1/3rd.

Try Here:

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...0-maintenance/

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...enance/DwUlVM1

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...nance/F2Qypmgs
MrMCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement