Natural Brown Leather + what color to change wood trim to... - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #1
MBCO

My Ride: AW|NB 330i
Natural Brown Leather + what color to change wood trim to...

Purchased my first E46 as a daily until I find my perfect M car.

2004 330i Alpine White, Sport, Premium, painted trim and natural brown leather.

I'm not a fan of the wood trim. What other wood trim color options can I swap to or what color do you think would look good if I wrapped them? Silver? Metallic black?

Dat color

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, on Flickr
IG:

Last edited by MBCO; 12-03-2016 at 07:31 PM.
MBCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:03 PM   #2
Nicker

My Ride: 323ci
Hey, I have a Nexus 6P also, awesome phone!

Hosting your files on imgur, you might want to add an 'h' after the file name, to bring the original picture size (hu-f-ucking-mungous), down to a respectable size others can view and enjoy.

Code:
example: 
as you have the imgur file: 
http://i.imgur.com/CSQ5wNj.jpg

what you should have:
http://i.imgur.com/CSQ5wNjh.jpg

00' 323ci - 170hp
Nicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
BartenderPlease

My Ride: '03 540i/6 M-Sport
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1480803908.956610.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	646390

I like matte silver. I'd also want it in real CF. Here's a horrible shot of the interior. I made a somewhat recent thread in the showroom with a better pic of the door open if you want to see that one.

'02 JR/Naturbraun 330i M-Tech I | M-Tech II Fr. | Supersprint Headers | Remus Sport |
.....| SM Flywheel Conv. | 18" CH'ish reps | Short Shift | Orion V2.5 | RCR LED Tail |

'03 JB/Schwarz 540i M-Sport 337 | Decatted | Short Shift | Carbon Trim | JL Audio | V1

Last edited by BartenderPlease; 12-03-2016 at 05:29 PM.
BartenderPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2016, 11:15 PM   #4
Jason325xi
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2004 325xi 5speed
I'm liking that Brown interior, looks good! I think the silver trim would look nice. Like the pic bartender posted, but I'm not sure if i would do the steering wheel. That's just my opinion though
Adjustable koni yellow front struts, Rob43 9-way adjustable rear shocks, Special Rob43 lowering springs, supreme power drop hats, billet aluminum rear shock mounts, poly RTAB, poly FCAB, G.A.S. Disa kit, G.A.S. 1.2bar expansion tank cap, M56 valve cover

"No, thanks. I'm a vegetarian." Is a fun thing to say when someone hands you their baby.

Jason325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:07 AM   #5
Hamsocne

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
I have debated this for years. Maybe piano black. Silver trim looked great on a black over black coupe. Silver with natural brown Montana reminds me of my Mom's Honda minivan. I do like the wood trim now. You can't go wrong so whatever you like.

Hamsocne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:19 AM   #6
Spannerhead

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
Here are some ideas:

forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1114750

Current:

Past BMWs:

Past Other: '85 GSL-SE '88 JZA70 '86 4K quattro '85 RX-7 S '85 RX-7 GSL
Spannerhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:01 AM   #7
das_autobahn

My Ride: 2004 330ci coupe
love the color combo and the wood has grown on me

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1480831250.956879.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	646424
das_autobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:54 AM   #8
orb

My Ride: 325Ci
Wood goes great with natural brown. As far as change there's a set or two of sedan piano black trim for sale on eBay, I think that'd look good too.
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
BartenderPlease

My Ride: '03 540i/6 M-Sport
Although we have silver on the e46, I'd rather it be black cube, piano black, or carbon fiber wrapped (high gloss). And I am not a fan of the silver on the steering wheel being silver either.

Nothing I can't change for a few bucks...

'02 JR/Naturbraun 330i M-Tech I | M-Tech II Fr. | Supersprint Headers | Remus Sport |
.....| SM Flywheel Conv. | 18" CH'ish reps | Short Shift | Orion V2.5 | RCR LED Tail |

'03 JB/Schwarz 540i M-Sport 337 | Decatted | Short Shift | Carbon Trim | JL Audio | V1

BartenderPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #10
Archbid

My Ride: 330ci Convertible
Year: 03
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsocne View Post
I have debated this for years. Maybe piano black. Silver trim looked great on a black over black coupe. Silver with natural brown Montana reminds me of my Mom's Honda minivan. I do like the wood trim now. You can't go wrong so whatever you like.
I think satin piano black would look great. Silver and brown not good
Archbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:05 AM   #11
MBCO

My Ride: AW|NB 330i
I was thinking a high gloss black. If I don't like it I can always peel off the wrap.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

by
, on Flickr
IG:
MBCO is offline   Reply With Quote