Installing iGo Primo 2.0 on Dynavin V5 for Australia. - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #21
DropTopKingM3

My Ride: All German
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkk View Post
@DropTopKingM3

Please remove instantly my link.
The link in the first post to the original thread is enought.

Thank you!
Removed.. Just wanted to make sure I was downloading the right file. Sorry man

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^Don't say my car is topless, say the t!tties is out^
DropTopKingM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #22
E46iT

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
any canadian maps available that you guys can share?

thanks

E46iT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #23
TitanSilverE46

My Ride: 2014 s20i X1 MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46iT View Post
any canadian maps available that you guys can share?

thanks
Try US-Canada TeleAtlas Might be up-to-date.

2001 E46 325i - Australian RHD
2001 E46 318i - Australian RHD
TitanSilverE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #24
E46iT

how do i get car models?? kkkkk has a i series showing in his thread but how do i get the same car or similar bmw on my primo?
thanks

Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #25
E46iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanSilverE46 View Post
Another small frustration I have found with Dynavin Edition is the 'Screen Capture' was not always available.

To be able to activate 'Screen Captures", open sys.txt in the Primo folder and add:-
[interface]
extra_settings=1
capture_to_jpeg=1

When Primo starts an icon will appear at the bottom of the screen which when tapped will give a further range of settings including activating "Screen Capture".

A camera icon will then be available on the screen for 'Screen Captures'.

Enjoy!

Attachment 442377

Attachment 442378

Attachment 442379

This mod has been added to the original post.
i did put this line int he sys.txt file but i dont get icon on lower left corner, is this icon only available in real gps mode? cause i tried it in demo mode only??

the top left corner works for me even there is no icon for screen capture in demo mode.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #26
TitanSilverE46

Quote:
how do i get car models?? kkkkk has a i series showing in his thread but how do i get the same car or similar bmw on my primo?
thanks
I use the "Silver Limousine" that matches my Silver E46 but your try these Car Collections

Old 03-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #27
TitanSilverE46

Quote:
i did put this line int he sys.txt file but i dont get icon on lower left corner, is this icon only available in real gps mode? cause i tried it in demo mode only??

the top left corner works for me even there is no icon for screen capture in demo mode.
If the top left corner works for you that's fine. I haven't tried Demo mode to see if the camera appears but try the "Live" situation. Also when in the list that displays "Screen Capture", there is another called "Cockpit Type" and here you have a Default and two alternative screen displays. Same data but arranged differently around the screen. I am now using "Default" that displays the Speed limit Lower Left with Menu and Camera at bottom Left. This is the one I like but try each one. The program will restart before displaying.

Cheers

Old 04-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #28
kkkkk

My Ride: 320i Coupé E46
The Australian Version is ONLINE at dynavin.freeforums org!

Big THANKS for the cooperation with TitanSilverE46

Greetz
kkkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #29
TitanSilverE46

Thanks kkkkk for this Australasian version ... yes it has maps, pois etc for NZ as well as Australia.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button on this Australasian version for all the work kkkkk has gone to.

The first post of this thread has been updated. Download, write to your SD card and enjoy

Last edited by TitanSilverE46; 04-06-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #30
Seahab

My Ride: 330Ci
Hi - I have installed the new iGo Primo 2.0 (Australian & NZ) on a microSD FAT32 card used on a Dynavin D90 (V5) HU.

The dynavin.ini file has "speedlimit_warning_voice=1" setting but no speed limit voice output is produced. The voice is heard for a planned route and for all other activated commands and the visual speed warning is illuminated at target value. Several different voices have been tried, the NAV setting in the HU page has been activated/de-activated and all volumes set to maximum. In the GUI the speed warning is set to "Audio & visual".

Thanks.
Seahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #31
johnca
Modded ///Member

My Ride: E46 Slow CSL
Thanks for sharing

johnca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #32
TitanSilverE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahab View Post
Hi - I have installed the new iGo Primo 2.0 (Australian & NZ) on a microSD FAT32 card used on a Dynavin D90 (V5) HU.

The dynavin.ini file has "speedlimit_warning_voice=1" setting but no speed limit voice output is produced. The voice is heard for a planned route and for all other activated commands and the visual speed warning is illuminated at target value. Several different voices have been tried, the NAV setting in the HU page has been activated/de-activated and all volumes set to maximum. In the GUI the speed warning is set to "Audio & visual".

Thanks.
Now this is fascinating because while I had the speed warnings originally, after I played around with voices other than Jennifer, now I no longer get speed warnings. I even have completely deleted all files from my car and did a completely new reinstall and I am in the same position as you ... no speed warnings! Tomorrow I will contact kkkkk who setup the Australasian version and see if he can help. I will report back.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #33
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Guys, you need to find an unmodified copy of Primo as the one you have from this guy kkkk is highly modified to suit his personal preferences which unless you know and understand exactly what modifications were made you're going to keep running into problems.

Last edited by Darkoz; 04-19-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #34
7xes

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to 7xes
Hey,
os anybody else experiencing really poor performance on their D90 units? I downloaded the full 1.7 GB version and extractes it on the 2GB card that came with my unit. It all worksexcept its really slow, the map is usually behind my position. Do i need to update some software or my D90 is simply too slow for it?
7xes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #35
swany001

My Ride: 330CI E46
Password

Quote:
Most Fanatics who have iGo Primo on their Dynavin like to have the latest version and latest maps.

Update Update - 6 April 2012

kkkk has now provided a complete, ready to download Australasian Version of his popular BMW- Dynavin Edition. Go to this link to download and scroll down to AUSTRALIAN/NewZealand Dynavin Edition FULL ALL INCLUSIVE Please "Thank" kkkkk on his thread - the "Thank Button" (bottom right of first post) if you are going to download this software as appreciation of this guy's work.
The downloaded file is:- DVNAU20.rar Reformat your microSD card and unrar the entire Primo folder to the root of the SD card.

Only thing missing that I have found to date is no CARS are supplied, but these can be had at Car Collections if you are unhappy with the Blue Arrow.

The download includes a good manual, the audio speeding warning has been activated, and the Start up screen has the icon activated for additional settings such as "Screen Capture", "Advanced Speed Limit" which displays the actual speed and % above or below speed limit, and "Linear Compass" which you can show in Data Fields.

All the 2012Q1 files for Australia and New Zealand are provided, nothing to add there.

Apart from the lack of Cars, ready for immediate use ... Enjoy!
Just download the to Winrar and when i try unzip it it ask for a password , any clues on this

cheers swany
swany001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #36
E46iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany001 View Post
Just download the to Winrar and when i try unzip it it ask for a password , any clues on this

cheers swany
password for file s dynavin

Old 05-08-2012, 06:33 AM   #37
swany001

My Ride: 330CI E46
I downloaded the software 809 MB ok unzipped the files to a formatted micro sd card and when i put the card in the unit noting happens except an error message ,

I seem to be missing something or doing something wrong .

I have a wince d99 and just wanted to update the maps .
thanks for any help
swany001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #38
1024m3

My Ride: 04 M3
Thanks KKKK,

Does anyone kow how to modify the systxt to prevent the speakers from mutin while touching nav screen?
I tried

[device]
type="dynavin"

[sound]
ding=0
pause_mp3_sooner=1
queue_length=200
mute_os_key=1
maneuver_chimes=0
sound_muted=1;this one stops the sound pause when changing the settings
voice_muted=0
wheelsound=1
csv_voice_enabled=1
02 X5 sold
08 X5 4.8
04 M3
98 Taurus Beater
1024m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #39
1024m3

My Ride: 04 M3
Nevermind I believe I figured it out ...I turned off the KEY sound option in the menus.
02 X5 sold
08 X5 4.8
04 M3
98 Taurus Beater

Last edited by 1024m3; 06-27-2012 at 07:44 PM.
1024m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #40
homy.d.clown

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Now this is fascinating because while I had the speed warnings originally, after I played around with voices other than Jennifer, now I no longer get speed warnings. I even have completely deleted all files from my car and did a completely new reinstall and I am in the same position as you ... no speed warnings! Tomorrow I will contact kkkkk who setup the Australasian version and see if he can help. I will report back.
any solutions to the no speedcam sounds for aus/nz versions? maybe someone could post their working sys text?
homy.d.clown is offline   Reply With Quote